Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some parts I believe to be from a 74 GTV. Pictures are below. Can you help me identify them? I cannot find them in the GTV parts manual I have.
  • Part#1 – black plastic cover of some sort. There are 2 of them. About 4"x5". Has part# 105.44.52.344 printed inside.
  • Part#2 - Long hanger wire looking thing with bends at each end. About 2.5 ft long. I am guessing something to do with the headliner?
  • Part #3 - Black plastic door/cover of some sort. ~6”x 2.5”. Doesn’t look GTV to me, but is mixed in with parts from a disassembled GTV.
  • Part #4 – Black plastic knob 1” tall.
  • Part #5 – metal spacer or bearing race ~2” across. Perhaps it is from a Burman box?
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
11,661 Posts
I wonder if part #1 is the cover over the rear shocks in the rear "firewall/bulkhead"?

But the part number is not right, in fact my parts book says that GTV's dont have this part but they definitely do ... so I'm confused (again).
Pete

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Part 1 is indeed a cover for shock access, there are two, right and left specific, the 74 used them, but the parts evolved over time so early versions are different than later. I have a pair of NOS earlier versions listed in the parts classifieds that will not fit a 74. Part 2, maybe a wire insert found in seat upholstery. I too second thee knob as a jack handle knob. Certain on part 1" pretty certain on part 4, kind of certain on part 2.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
I wonder if part #1 is the cover over the rear shocks in the rear "firewall/bulkhead"? But the part number is not right, in fact my parts book says that GTV's dont have this part but they definitely do ... so I'm confused (again).
Pete
Interesting that the US models parts book shows it but not the Euro parts book. Part numbers vary as well between the 1969 and 1971 model years...

2019-01-03.jpg

2019-01-03 (1).jpg

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Part 1 is indeed a cover for shock access, there are two, right and left specific, the 74 used them, but the parts evolved over time so early versions are different than later. I have a pair of NOS earlier versions listed in the parts classifieds that will not fit a 74. Part 2, maybe a wire insert found in seat upholstery. I too second thee knob as a jack handle knob. Certain on part 1" pretty certain on part 4, kind of certain on part 2.
Part 2 is likely the wire link between the front seat slider adjustment lever and slider rail.

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK - this has been really helpful. I think we have positive ID on parts 1, 2, and 4 (battani jack). IMO, #3 doesn't come from a GTV...looks like a Milano part to me.

Any ideas on #5? I have 2 of them and they are heavy...like they have lead in them or something.

Thanks for all the help so far!

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
Part 5 looks like a Rear Axle Bearing Shrink ring on a Limited Slip Diff on a 105 series.

One the bearing is pushed onto the axle,,,that part holds -retains the bearing on.

All other models,1300.1600 + 1750s = 1 wheel screamers,,,,use a threaded nut,,but LSD use that type of Shrink ring.
All 2 litre 105 cars that came to Australia had a LSD fitted

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Indeed this GTV that I received disassembled has LSD. So that makes sense...and also makes sense why I couldn't ID it...never had an LSD Alfa before this.

So you think it is 105.12.17.226.00 in the picture below?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
No
Not Correct Crackie

its a push fit collar that retains=hold the wheel bearing on the axle on 2 Litre LSD axles
Its next to the wheel bearing on the axle
Will get you a part number when i get back to work tomorrow

·
Premium Member
3,883 Posts
If part number is in the USA parts book its for the USA spec car only. For USA cars you always look in the USA book first if not there then look in the rest of the world book.

If you have a USA spec car it takes both parts books to have a complete set.

Part 2 looks like a trunk spring.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
My Alfa parts book give me a part number of 105 12 17 309 00 but it is not specific for a 2 litre LSD axle with that shrink ring.
Alfaholics and Classic Alfa part numbers are better
Hope all the part number supplied help you crackie

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
@JimG - Nope, I don't think it is a trunk spring. This thing is only the diameter and composition of a coat hanger, so much thinner than a trunk spring.

@giulia_veloce - BINGO! That is it. And that makes sense given the box of parts I found it in.

Thanks everyone for the help here. Much appreciated.

A little background on all this...I did the thing you're not supposed to do...I bought a disassembled car. Mostly I think the parts are well organized. I have been going through doing an inventory of parts on-hand. I know GTV6s best, so some of these 105/115 parts have been a mystery to me as I try to identify them.

So I think that does it for this round of "Name That Part"...as I finish the inventory, there may be another round for those willing to help.

Thanks again everyone.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts