Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK - this is a tough one given that GTVs with A/C are reasonably rare. I am trying to figure out the material of the washers below. Metal? Rubber? Other?

Alfa fastener catalog doesn't list it, so hoping someone knows. Part# 105.48.10.153.00. It's one of the washers that goes on the A/C mounting studs attached to the head.

Thanks!

Reactions: horsewidower

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
There are definatley rubber washers used (at least on my car although I can't guarentee mine are original) I think 105.48.10.153.00. are rubber washers while 105.48.10.153.01 are the metal washers. In the picture below you can just make out a rubber washer between the metal one and the bushing - See this picture here:

74gtv_ac3.jpg

When I get access to my garage over the next couple of days I'll have a look at my installation and will let you know. Also if you are using that bracket you will also need to spacer for the fan (105.48.07.235.01) to position this further forward to ensure this does not interfer with the pulley.

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Here you go - measurements for metal washers

IMG_4084.JPG

I don't know which side of the washer faces the bushing - incidentially the bushings contained within the AC bracket have the following number on the rubber# 82157.

My suspicion is that the inside diamater of the rubber washer (21.90mm) is large enough to suggest that this fits snugly over the raised section on the metal washer which has an outside diameter of 21.61mm. So the order would be - rubber washer > bushing > rubber washer > metal washer with raised inner edge facing rubber washer > swivel washer > nut. That said, my metal washer look closer to what is depicted in the Alfetta 2000 AC Manual so perhaps this is where my parts come from - I can't be sure.

IMG_4085.JPG
IMG_4086.JPG

Diameter of metal washer 42.05mm
IMG_4087.JPG

Out diameter of inner ridge 21.61mm (front side)

IMG_4088.JPG

Inside diameter 16.05mm

IMG_4092.JPG

Out diameter of inner ridge 27.82mm (reverse side)
IMG_4093.JPG

Edge thickness of metal washer = 2.79mm
IMG_4094.JPG

Thickness of metal washer includes raised inner edge = 4.43mm

IMG_4095.JPG

·
Premium Member
3,096 Posts
Fantastic information. Thank you for taking the time to make the measurements.

I also have a factory AC car and need to do the same refurbishment and installation.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh my - this is EXCEEDINGLY HELPFUL!! What great, hard to find, information to have here on the BB for people to find. And thanks for the immediate help for my project!

Thanks @WA-Alfa for taking the time to do this.

·
Premium Member
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like it when luck runs my way! ;-)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts