Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought an 85 gtv6 for just north of 1300(needs quite some work to make it pristine again). Went to nada out of curiosity and was quite shocked at the values for these cars. A good low end retail is over $7700 whereas a high retail is over $13000( with alloys). I did not realize how high prices have risen for these cars. Is that a realistic price?

·
1991 164L
27,876 Posts
I recently bought an 85 gtv6 for just north of 1300(needs quite some work to make it pristine again). Went to nada out of curiosity and was quite shocked at the values for these cars. A good low end retail is over $7700 whereas a high retail is over $13000( with alloys). I did not realize how high prices have risen for these cars. Is that a realistic price?
Only if you can get it when you sell.

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
I've actually had two import collectors tell me a major value bump is coming for our cars. And I can't help but notice the increasing amount of love they are getting from the major auto blogs like Jalopnik and Truth About Cars. Who knows? Even a beater like mine could someday be worth more than I paid and put into it?

·
Push hard and live
11,500 Posts
It's called "pump and dump"

·
Registered
257 Posts
It is very hard and nearly impossible to find a low millage GTV-6 with original paint, absolutely no rust, never driven in rain, no crack in the dash with all the gages working,not needing anything mechanically, not molested in name of improvement. If you find such a car, $13000 is a bargain. I would never sell mine.

·
Banned
764 Posts
Alfa's values are rumored to rise with the resurgence of them coming back into the US. We'll see. Hope it's true for those of us who presently own pre-abandonment day cars in the US. Hopefully, an increase in parts available might parallel this phenomenom. Of course, I doubt this will truly effect mine as I do not intend on selling this one.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
Not all banks use NADA

I was surprised when earlier this year I was considering a low mileage 82 GTV6. While NADA was something like 5500 -6k or so, my credit union, using a different guide - CPI - was only willing to lend something like $2800. This made it all the more strange in that this same institution didn't bat an eye lending me 5k a few years ago when I bought my '95 LS for substantially less than that amount. Go figure....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts