Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
Cleaning out the trunk of my newly-acquired S3, I've found a couple 'wires to nowhere' that I'm hoping to get some help identifying. I've included two photos - a scene setter, and a close up. Wire #1 has a 30amp inline fuse, followed by what looks like a ground connection. Wire #2 is a bundle that ends in a female plug. Although in the photo it looks like #1 and #2 originate from the same bundle, they enter the trunk via separate conduits. Any ideas?? I thought maybe the plugged wire could be for the optional window heater you could get with a hardtop, but not sure.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
the 3 pin black plug is the power antenna.
your spider would have had one, but it seems it has been replaced with a non stock pull out antenna.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Okay, that makes sense. Was there a dashboard antennae switch, or would it have been linked to the radio power source? I'm guessing that the other mystery wire could have been for a parcel shelf audio amp of some kind. This car was also stripped of its AC unit and windshield washer tank. I found a used washer tank, but don't think I'll bother with the AC unit, especially here in VT.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
antenna was linked to radio...no separate switch.

·
Premium Member
3,930 Posts
Depends on the model in the U.S. 1985 and earlier were not wired for a power antenna.

Gradute's did not have the power antenna. Spider Veloce and the Quads did. But many were replace with the manual one when the antenna mast was broken. A power replacement one was about 100.00 back then.

1986 to 1989 all models had the same wiring harness.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts