Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

What is the function of this switch found in my USA spec console ? The manual doesn't show this switch. Also found the switch on an interior via the web:

My console:

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Fog lights is right. Location is wrong but it is the factory's fault. What a bonehead crammed in place for a switch...

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
This is the switch you want but they are rare. I think only used on USA 1750 and 2000 GTVs. Pic is not mine.

Regards

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Fog lights is right. Location is wrong but it is the factory's fault. What a bonehead crammed in place for a switch...
Maybe its the USA DOTs fault for requiring such a switch is the first place and then Alfa had to comply. I guess there was a reason?

Just saying

Ken

·
Registered
52 Posts
I think Ken is right that fog light toggle is NLA so shy of coming across a random used one maybe take a Centerline “generic” toggle and try your hand at really tiny painting? If you’re good at it I’ll take one too!

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I have just the Fog Light toggle and top if someone thinks they can get the top off a Classic Alfa dash light switch and get the fog light top back on. I gave it a quick try but it won't be easy. SOLD

I looked at the Classic Alfa switch at https://classicalfa.com/el025-dashlight-toggle-switch/ and it looks to be same design as original as is the Bertlesbeck offering linked above.

Ciao

Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Location is wrong but it is the factory's fault. What a bonehead crammed in place for a switch...
Maybe the designer thought that the fog lights were only needed when the weather was cold, so they put it by the heater control.. or having it close at hand near the blower and wiper switches so they could be turned on when with the windshield is fogged over was a good idea. None the less, its all part of the charm and character as far as I'm concerned.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts