Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been chasing down electrical gremlins all day and I've come across 3 items that I'm not sure what they belong to.

First are the two relays under the back seat. I'm pretty sure that one of them goes to the rear defroster. Any idea of the second one? I believe both of mine were dead so I replaced them.

Also, behind the fuse panel I found a single green/black wire with a connector. It was disconnected but both ends were next to each other. I plugged it back in and found nothing working or not working differently. Forgot about it and went to other items. Hours later I came back to find my battery dead. Not sure if the green wire had anything to do with it or not so for the time being, it's unplugged again.

Any ideas?

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,747 Posts
IIRC, one of the relays under the back seat is for the rear defroster and the other is for the heated side mirrors. For some reason the side mirrors have a relay in the fusebox and another relay under the rear seats.

Funny you mention that green wire...I found what's probably the same wire unplugged behind the fusebox a while back. Like you I plugged it in and nothing changed, though it didn't drain my battery. No idea what it's for.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmmm, starting to explain a lot of things. Since I no longer have heated mirrors I guess I'll unplug that relay. The other relay.............that was the battery drain, the rear defroster. Seems as though I may have a bad switch. I put a different relay in and the defroster came on. Turned the switch off and apparently the defroster stayed on for 4 hours and drained my battery. The car was in the garage and the rear window was pretty toasty.

Your green wire was unplugged too? Hmmm, guess I'll leave it unplugged. I thought that maybe when I performed the ABSectomey that I accidentally unplugged it. Still wonder what it is though.

·
But Mad North-Northwest
10,747 Posts
Well, it was unplugged. It's plugged in now. Didn't make any difference either way, though.

·
Registered
398 Posts
After perusing the wiring diagrams, the only VN (verde-nero) wires I could find were related to "full beam" headlights - they go to E7, "Full beam light", and D4, "Full Beam Warning Lamp". So I presume that this reflects a difference in the headlamp setup for Euro and US cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts