Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
9,944 Posts
That bracket connects the front of the starter (two smallest holes) to the R motor mount (medium-sized hole). The large hole provides clearance for the "nose" of the starter.

You really want to install this bracket; otherwise the mass of the starter will crack your bellhousing.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Based on shape and bolt pattern... Perhaps something to do with the part that connects the lower cushion to the seat back of the front seats?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That bracket connects the front of the starter (two smallest holes) to the R motor mount (medium-sized hole). The large hole provides clearance for the "nose" of the starter.

You really want to install this bracket; otherwise the mass of the starter will crack your bellhousing.
Thanks for the quick response Alfajay! I'm assembling the engine and drivetrain right now so I'll be sure that gets installed

·
Richard Jemison
7,080 Posts
Starter

If your ring gear has 131 teeth then the Small light weight Bosch permanent magnet starters used in the Bosch injected cars from 84-89 will be a great improvement. If 130 tooth flywheel the small ones used from `90-94 will fit.
They have more torque, and easier to get in & out later if there is a problem

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If your ring gear has 131 teeth then the Small light weight Bosch permanent magnet starters used in the Bosch injected cars from 84-89 will be a great improvement. If 130 tooth flywheel the small ones used from `90-94 will fit.
They have more torque, and easier to get in & out later if there is a problem
Wow thanks for the tip Richard. This is my first Alfa so I'm pretty new to all the upgrades that can be done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts