Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what these doors are for. They are steel, open from front, interbal window, mechanism, similar door handles on may Italian and French cars from the 1950's. Look like originally blue with blue door panels. Maybe, Alfa, Delage, ?

mystdr1.jpg mystdr1.jpg

mystdr6.jpg

mystdr2.jpg

mystdr7.jpg

mystdr4.jpg

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
No specific knowledge, I think a couple of clues are the unusual door hinge mount which looks similar to that used on the Pininfarina Alfa 105/115 spider. The exterior door handle is stylized, one end is larger than the other. What is the writing on the lock cylinder? Can't make out from the photo.

A

·
0 Posts
Pininfarina used version's of that style in the late 40's and 50's, compare the door style to some of the 212 inter cabriolet's, probably a long shot.

·
Registered
268 Posts
fiat/ferrari! something like that looking at the door opener. definitely italian I'd say!

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
Judging from the door handles, the aluminum cap at the top of the doors (your photos are upside down), my guess is that the doors are from something made by Zagato. I'd say an Abarth Zagato, but I can't remember whether or not the door handles were positioned that far down on the door.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mystery Doors

I do not think Zagato? Doors are steel, not Alloy. They open from the rear, like suicide style. Perhaps French, Delage, Talbot, Etc. Doors were originally light Blue. I was hoping someone may need them.
james

·
Registered
268 Posts
Somehow, I don't know why but I'm saying Lancia. But I have no Lancia literature.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
The Doors

I was hoping someone may need them.
james
Neat James! I don't know what they are but when I close my eyes, I see Rolls Canardly. (As in rolls downhill can ardly make it up the others). More seriously, could they be a low production 50's British 2 seater by any chance?

How about a trade for 7 Berlina doors if you are close enough to Oregon to avoid shipping costs? Would look good as an escape hatch for the polebarn.

Richard

1 - 10 of 10 Posts