Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1974 GTV 2000
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After removing the instruments cluster today from a 1974 Euro GTV 2000 I came up facing "again" that strange kind of metal support arm.

It is located at the center of the dash, above the console and below the radio unit. It seems like a support arm of the dash but I don't understand how it is supposed to be attched to it since the are no mounting brackets. It might also be a leftover from an old radio unit (??) I have never seen a similar part in other GTV's , please share your thoughts and knowledge.

George

·
Registered
280 Posts
Does that not support the heater slide controls? On my GT junior without center console there are supports that hold everything firm in that area

·
Registered
1974 GTV 2000
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you both for the info. Do you have a close up photo of how the heater controller is mounted to the bracket?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Didn't find a really good image, but here you can see the heater installed without the dash. The control element is fixed to the dash with two screws, one one on each side of the heater controls. The fuel/temp gauge unit is attached below the heater controls with additional 4 screws.

Here you have a closeup of the right side screw location on this not so good picture.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts