Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7,472 Posts
Cable ?

I usually just find out where the OTHER end of the cable goes to to give a clue what it was for. The bullet connector looks HUGE which sort of rules out a standard female Lucas connection IMHO. It does look like original braided wire sooooo it is safe to conclude it was there at the making. If Greig is right and I think he is.. it will be hot with the turn signals on, intermittently. PS the factory didn't have plasti-ties in the 50's.

·
Administrator
3,654 Posts
Without further info from the thread originator we're a bit in the dark here, if it turns out to be the turn signal wire, there are 2 possibilities, either the side indicators have been removed and the holes welded closed, hence the wire remains, or a new wiring harness was fitted sometime in the past and it was for a European spec. Alfa had more than one wiring harness and US spec cars did not have the wire in the harness while the Euro spec ones did. There was more than one supplier of most items.

Ciao
Greig

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Greig is right and the wire appears to be a side marker light for a European delivery Alfa. I have seen Sprints with side marker lights but, Sprints that were sent to the US like my car did not have side marker lights. I know that wiring harness might have side marker wires and you could remove them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks for that insight... a very real possibility. Not too sure of the cars history, but it has no side repeater despite my importing it from the US.
I’m hoping that it’s the oil temp sensor, as currently it is not working. Unfortunately, I’m working abroad and can’t check things out at the moment - just trying to get some ideas to work on once I get back!
Cheers,
Roy

21 - 24 of 24 Posts