Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does the collective wisdom think these could be? An unremarkable bolt except for being specially chamfered under the head on two sides. Something electrical, perhaps? Probably not 105, feels more like 750, 2600 etc.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,591 Posts
....specially chamfered under the head on two sides. Something electrical, perhaps? Probably not 105, feels more like 750, 2600 etc.
I doubt they are from a 750, a 2600, or any automobile for that matter. I think your guess of "something electrical" was correct. Not for automotive electrical, but to connect building wiring to junction boxes.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, that's helpful. I have a large wooden box full of assorted NOS Alfa fasteners and these had me stumped. I'll check the thread size, it never occurred to me that they might be Imperial.

·
Super Moderator
10,591 Posts
.... it never occurred to me that they might be Imperial.
Hmm, I'm learning something here. By "Imperial" I think you mean threads that are dimensioned in inches rather than millimeters. So do the British still use inch sized hardware for applications like building wiring? I had assumed that everything had gone to metric there. Here in the States we use a mishmosh of SAE (inch dimensioned) and metric. I'm not sure what the building trades currently use - probably SAE.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts