Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
That is an Alfa Romeo 2000 Vingnale Coupe. They did not make many of them.

A while back my dad had an opportunity to buy one. It was white/red and was once owned by the actress Angie Dickenson. I have pictures somewhere. It's a cool looking car.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Yeah... I knew that, but you guys got to all this before me.

Oh! I think it's great the owner drives that crap out of that car.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What? You thought you were the only one that drove the crap outta their Alfa? We should all be so lucky.

Yeah, I like this coupe. Cool greenhouse on her. Wish there were pics with the hood down. Makes me feel like I'm only interested in looking up her skirt.

Say Joe, this GTV looks familiar.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
That GTV is exactly what I have in mind when I finish my GTV. Ferrari yellow paint, GTA wheels...
and the mirror way out front. :D

Don't know why, I have always liked the mirror way out in front (just like my dad's old car, maybe)

Kai, did it come like that from the factory? I mean the Talbot sticking way out front? I remember all JDM cars from the sixties and seventies have that.
US cars don't have it because it is illegal, a danger to pedestrian I think.
------
And what happened to the Spider? A GTO replica? com'n :confused:

67GTV said:
Holy crap! This GTV's up over $14,000!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
that spider is gross (my opinion) and the bmw 2002 tail lights...c'mon, at least use ferrari 308 ones. that kinda stuff should be done to miata's, not alfa's.

the mirror way up front is a mystery to me as wel. i'd want it to be close enough to where i can adjust it myself while sitting in the car. the talbot mirror is not original. the correct one for that car is a lot different. i wish i had a picture of the right mirror...some help please?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I didn't want to knock that Spider in case its owner was here. Lately I've been posting "hey that's my car" pics. :D But now that Anthony mentioned it, butt-ugly! Do ya think those tail lights would piss off the brecht punks though?

On the mirror issue, I beg to differ with the walking encyclopedia. :) I'm pretty sure that my Talbot came from the factory, or at least from Alfa of Frankfurt (dealer). I have seen at least three different GTV mirrors in various configurations. Pictured is a Vitaloni mirror from my red US GTV.

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
On the topic of mirrors, my beautifully restored 64 giulia sprint is lacking in one category. Mirrors. The previous owner who restored the car, put on black baby tornado mirrors (similar to a late 80's spider). The problem is that my car screams for chrome, not black, flat, unpainted synthetic shmutz!! In any event, to change the mirror is not a huge undertaking, but alas, the footprint. I fear the footprint will be smaller on the chrome mirror base, thus necesitating painting. Anyone know for sure? P.S. my wheel guy has advised me that my Antera wheels for my 164 should be in next week. When they're on, I will post photos. P.S. In addition, to anyone in NY, NJ, or Conn., the Alfa TRI STATE is being held May 4th at Restaurante Romantico in Port Washington. Check the Alfa Import Center web site for info. Please attend and support!!!!!

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Mine is screaming for a chrome mirror too! The PO also put the baby tornado mirror on it and it looks so out of place!!
But at over $60 each for the Tablot, maybe at a later time when I got rid of the ding guard and repaint the car. :(

generaljimt said:
The previous owner who restored the car, put on black baby tornado mirrors (similar to a late 80's spider). The problem is that my car screams for chrome, not black, flat, unpainted synthetic shmutz!!

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
i am not crazy for talbot mirrors because they are hard to see out of and a pain to adjust. the mirror on the white car above is easy to adjust and gives great visibility. it's what i have on my race car. international auto sells them

·
Supporting Vendor
4,363 Posts
I agree with Anthony - the OEM mirror is my favorite as well. I have it on my GTV and am very happy with it.

Some people argue that these were dealer installed, and some may have been, but I know of 1 GTV that had them from the factory. It's a 1 owner car, with 19,000 miles, and the owner was there to see it come off the truck at the dealership. Curiously, the mirror on that car is in gray primer, as it was delivered.

Check it out:
http://www.alfacentro.com/features/timemachine/index.html

·
Registered
484 Posts
That car was for sale about a year or so ago. Do you know who bought it or where it is currently located? PS- I agree with italcarguy about the Talbot's. Beside, they are not really fitting on an Italian design. They look better on English cars. The general.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,363 Posts
The car in that story was sold by its original owner to Classic Auto in Milwaukee, a vintage/exotic/muscle car dealer who is also a big Alfisti.

Classic Auto asked $22,500 for the car but several buyers went after the car at the same time so it sold for a good bit more than that. I don't know who eventually got the car.

I did get a chance to drive the car during our photo shoot and I must say the car was SWEET! I got out of the car smiling, that's for sure, it was just a beautiful drive!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts