61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
954 Posts
Actually I have been their nemesis lately. My wife is deathly afraid of 'em and at this time of year they like to find their way inside. I have dispatched 3 in the last week!

But who could hurt Topo Gigio?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
well I got my valves, seals, and springs today but its cold outside today and the wife wants to go to a Red Hat meeting/Christmas party this evening so it's not worth building a fire to warm it up. Maybe tomarrow I can get out there and do something.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
I have been welding the floor pan this evening but the fire in the stove was going out and didn't want to add more wood so I quite for tonight, will go out before bed and check and see that there is nothing burning.
I was looking at the exhaust and it's in sad shap, was thinking of not replacing the catalytic converter, the car dosn't need to pass state inspection as its to old and we don't have it over here.
Any thoughts on doing this?

·
Registered
995 Posts
It does have a resonator just under the driver's side floorpan. I can see that being mistaken for a cat. It's there to make the exhaust sound/flow good, not for emissions.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
My Winters project

Well the engine is back together and it runs it's painted a new top is on the way now I am working out the bugs in the electal systems. My side and tail lights are on all the time. (not a problum when it's running) I pulled fuses tell they went out now I need to know what "LUCI & CITTA" mean in english. And while I am at it how about SERVIZI VARI ALIM. INDIC. ABB. DEST. ANAB.
These are what is printed on the fuse block.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Well the engine is back together and it runs it's painted a new top is on the way now I am working out the bugs in the electal systems. My side and tail lights are on all the time. (not a problum when it's running) I pulled fuses tell they went out now I need to know what "LUCI & CITTA" mean in english. And while I am at it how about SERVIZI VARI ALIM. INDIC. ABB. DEST. ANAB.
These are what is printed on the fuse block.
luci citta=city lights(park lights)
serv vari=various systems(services)
alim=alimentazione(fuel)I think thats the fuel pump
Indic=indicators
ABB=headlights
dest=right
anab=highbeams
Hope that helps

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Thanks for the info. Yesterday I thought for a while that I needed a new light switch, so I looked it up in the catalog, OUCH!!! Glad I was wrong $436 is a lot for a switch, if I ever need one I think it won't be an Alfa one.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Well your close. That thing WAS the break pad! It had worn down to a point that the piston was coming out of its cylender and break fluid was dripping out of the caliper when I stepped on the brake. Glad that I found it before I got it on the road.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Well it's getting close to finished, that is if one is ever done. I have had to do a valve job rebuild the breaks, that included removing the wooden break pad, replaced the top and painted it.Now I have some other problums, pore gas milage a slite surge as it drives down the highway. It idels at about 600 RPM when cold and 1500 after it wrms up.
I needed a front turn signel lens but they are unavalible, found one in a 1990 Ford Probe that I was able to cut down and works well.
I am posting pictures one of which is that wooden break pad

Attachments

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Looking good! You can find those front light lens on ebay or Difattas. Available in full amber or amber turn with white parking.

Best Regards,
John M

61 - 80 of 93 Posts