Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As some you may know, I owned a few nice Alfa's about 10-15 years ago. Well times change and I had moved onto British cars. About 6 weeks ago I got The itch for a GTV again.
So I called my old mechanic Santos Italian car, in North Ridge Ca. I purchased this late (10/74 build) 2000 GTV. At first I was not sure of the color that is original to to the car. But I think it is a nice change from 501 Red.
It is a work in progress. These are some photos of it now. The engine bay still needs work (painting ect). I will keep posting updates.
Ron

Attachments

·
Registered
417 Posts
Ron,

It looks magnificent as it is!

Cheers,

Paul.

P.S. Nothing wrong with Verde Oliva..... great colour!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ron,

It looks magnificent as it is!

Cheers,

Paul.

P.S. Nothing wrong with Verde Oliva..... great colour!
Paul, thanks for the kind words, it looks a bit better in photos, than in person. Tomorrow I put it up on my rack, to detail the suspension. In the end I will have the engine bay repainted. But for now, I will get the exhaust manifolds replaced with a set that we had sent to Jet Hot coatings. And the I will paint the radiator tank, and clean up a few things. Also had the air box black crinkle powder coated. It is a nice driver, has most of my cars are.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I agree with Paul, metallic olive green is a superb colour for these cars. And it looks magnificent, you must be very particular about your cars!

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Dunno if that was a color offered for 74 but is stunning on yours.
It was offered in 69 for juniors and selected it for mine and still happy I did. Went out to put it in garage last evening and caught the last light accenting it:

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
I like green anyway, plus that's actually my favourite colour on 105 coupes. It makes the car look more '60's executive express than outright sports car. And overall there just aren't enough green cars in the world so this helps redress the balance.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for your comments, I was not sure about the color, until I set eyes on it myself.
It is unusual.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dunno if that was a color offered for 74 but is stunning on yours.
It was offered in 69 for juniors and selected it for mine and still happy I did. Went out to put it in garage last evening and caught the last light accenting it:
Very cool GTV.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts