Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, this is my car, actually

My mother bought this car brand new in 1982. It has never left the family :D I took it under my "care" in 1999. Even if the car was in a great condition, i started a restoration process as i found some rust, and then some more... so i stripped the whole car

The original 1.5 95hp engine seemed nice to me, but as i was looking for modern 33 cylinder heads to use unleaded fuel, i found a 16v... and with the help of "Les the gringo" web page, made my own conversion.

The car was running great but the inboard brakes were a shame... so after a few years of random tunings :p the definitive list is there:

-16V engine (stock)
-16V gearbox with a pair of mods to fit the sud gear lever and the inboard brakes (meaningless now)
-IRESA full 60mm exhaust
-Squadra Tuning chip
-BMC CDA air filter
-15x7" alloys with 195/50 15
-Yellow koni´s over complete 33 suspension (red ones on former alfasud system, installed by my mother xD)
- Powerflex complete bushing
- Front brakes: 284x22 vented discs with 6 pot calipers
- Rear brakes: 284 solid discs with 33 single piston caliper

I was running on the original seats, but tried for a few months a pair of "Monaco" backets, too big and too high... i am actually trying recaros from a 75. Much better! if i like them, i´ll have to retrim all the interior, in alcantara of course :D

So that´s a bit of his story

ciao!

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
Very nice!
Always good to have a well cared for Alfa and from your description, you have one that can be enjoyed for a lot of years!
Randy

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am not sure what are you asking for but

the wheelbase and front & rear track are slightly bigger than a contemporary GTV

and the original wheels in the 1st and 2nd series were 165/70 R13, and 185/60 R14 in the third series.

As the Sud´s adopted the classic "telephone" speedline alloys in 1983, my mother bought a set and replaced the 13 with 14.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts