Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
It looks great! I bet one could have it up and driving in a week or two. It cant need that much work, it looks like it was just driven yesterday. Nice find.

Will

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
That looks like quite the find:cool:. Mind telling us the story on how the sale came about:confused:

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Wow, what a great find! She looks beautiful!!!!:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was looking for a gtv for a while they all had a lot of rust, and that would have been a big project, then I came across an ad in craigslist and talked to the owner of the car ,he told me he payed 6300. dollars in 1974, as soon as saw the car I fell in love with it. so we made a deal I gave him my fiat spider 1979 and some money, picking it up on monday, I will need some suggestions on what I should do to the engine,
Stan

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Tell us more? Don't suppose you got it cranked over?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car is from the westchester area and has been garage kept all of the time,the car started up right away without any problems but it does have something wrong with the muffler,the car is fuel injected, I shoud have more photos by the end of the week
Stan

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Stan:

Great find and welcome to the forum. You will love this car. A word (or two) of caution: Take it slow. If the car hasn't been run in 16 years you will want to be careful bringing it back to life. The SPICA fuel injection pump is very reliable, very sturdy, and very cool. But it needs to be cared for. Old gas or plugged filters (fuel or oil) can cause an early trio to Wes Ingram for a rebuild.

Do a search for SPICA maintenance. Read through the first two stickys on this forum:http://alfabb.com/bb/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31

Good luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts