I started the rust removal in September of 2000, it took me about 2 years to complete it. Somewhere along the way the project goal went from removing rust, to a somewhat limited restoration. If I would of had a garage to work in I could of done much more work, but under the conditions I did what I could do in the time that I had.
Unbelievable. The amount of rust repair you did was incredible. Your car is gorgeous. The web site is enough to make me want to restore a GTV myself... ALMOST. I want to buy one that is restored like yours!
This is the front bulkhead just to the right of the passenger air vent if you were sitting in the car. Water would build up and settel in this area so the rust was extensive. I had to replace a good part of the bulkhead. I had to remove the upper passenger fender to gain access to this part of the car.
That front bumper really does look clean and can now see why you spent so long looking for it.
One day we will be able to compare 1750's, but as you know mine is a way off yet.
Time to get cracking ... first task for me is to fix a dent in the rear caused by transporting to Sydney from New Zealand. It is quite a big dent in my brand new rear panel, and I am a bit scared of attacking it!