Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Jeff,

That's an awesome looking GTV! Nice postcard-like shots. Is that the original color?

Everyone should check out Jeff's website showing all the work that he put into her.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Thanks for the web site dude....

I credit your site for inspiring me to bite the bullet and do a ground up restoration. Can you tell us how long it took you from the beginning to being roadworthy? Cheers mate.

M:)

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Time to complete

I started the rust removal in September of 2000, it took me about 2 years to complete it. Somewhere along the way the project goal went from removing rust, to a somewhat limited restoration. If I would of had a garage to work in I could of done much more work, but under the conditions I did what I could do in the time that I had.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Unbelievable. The amount of rust repair you did was incredible. Your car is gorgeous. The web site is enough to make me want to restore a GTV myself... ALMOST. I want to buy one that is restored like yours!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Any befores?

Great job, Jeff. How about some before shots to compare? I'm in the process of doing a '74 gtv as well. When it's done, I'll put the pix in.
Bill
'74 GTV

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is the front bulkhead just to the right of the passenger air vent if you were sitting in the car. Water would build up and settel in this area so the rust was extensive. I had to replace a good part of the bulkhead. I had to remove the upper passenger fender to gain access to this part of the car.

·
Registered
11,883 Posts
Welcome to the site Jeff,

That front bumper really does look clean and can now see why you spent so long looking for it.

One day we will be able to compare 1750's, but as you know mine is a way off yet.

Time to get cracking ... first task for me is to fix a dent in the rear caused by transporting to Sydney from New Zealand. It is quite a big dent in my brand new rear panel, and I am a bit scared of attacking it!

Pete

·
Registered
98 Posts
Wow

Whoa! Incredible job, Jeff. The floorboards are great looking. The work you did in the cowl area looks super, too. It's always nice to see where a car has progressed from.
Bill
'74 GTV

1 - 11 of 11 Posts