Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Nice Alfa showing! Even your boy loves the new GTV addition.

I'll have to get a Berlina someday. And maybe another Spider too.

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Jeff,

A very nice collection! I guess the smerk on the little guys face is because he knows some day he's going to inherit the whole collection. But it looks like he already has a favorite!

:)

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Jeff -

How'd you get your wife to allow you to own 3 Alfa's? I need to know.

When do you get your Spider or Duetto?

I'm turning green with envy.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Roadtrip said:
Jeff -

How'd you get your wife to allow you to own 3 Alfa's? I need to know.

When do you get your Spider or Duetto?

I'm turning green with envy.
I was wondering the same thing about Jeff's wife. My wife 'helped' me reduce from three Alfas to just one. I'm hoping to talk her into adding a Berlina some day.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Having owned an MG Midget since I was 16, I have plenty of experience with 2 seater open top cars. Now I don't want to offend anyone, but I really do not like convertables. Here in Sunny California, I find that it is too hot to drive with the top down in the summer, and too cold in the winter. Also, the driving that I do involves alot of crowded freeways. Very noisy, stinky, and filled with GIANT SUV's and pickup trucks.

With all that said, I will probably buy a Duetto after I finish the Berlina restoration, the Berlina racecar, and the GTV racecar, unless I stumble on rustfree, dent free restoration ready Duetto for a good price.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The 69 Berlina was my "free Berlina". I bought it for the windshield, but sold some Spider seats that came with it for the same price as I paid for the car, therefore effectively free.

It is sitting outside behind my factory, waiting to learn it's fate. You see, I pulled it out of a hole under some trees near Santa Cruz, CA. It is a little rusty to say the least. I have seen cars in much worse shape, but it doesn't take much rust on a Berlina to render it worthless.

I am toying with the idea of making a full race car out of it. Just think of all the weight savings with all that steel rusted away! Another possibility is to completely restore it to original. The car is amazingly straight. Much better than my '71. I do not believe that the car has ever been in any kind of accident at all.

I am finishing up with the '71 restoration. I am also race prepping the GTV. I figure I need about six more months before I can even decide what the future holds for the '69 Berlina.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I should say time trial prepping it, but race prepping sounds so much more cool!

I installed new springs yesterday. Tomorrow night I will be installing the new exhaust.

I have got some porterfield brake pads to put in as well. Still need to move the 5 point harness over from the GTV6.

I have some GTA style wheels, 6 1/2 x 14. Do you have a tire recommendation? I have been studying the AROC competition rules. It seems that if I stay with tire with a treadwear rating above 100 that I can stay in group E. I am looking at the Yokohama AVS ES100 with a treadwear rating of 280.

Also found the Falken Azenis Sport - UTQG 200

Both in 195/60-14

The Kumho VictoRacer 700 comes in a 205/55-14 but is rated at 50!

So if I go with the Kumho's I add 10 points for the treadwear and 3 points for the rim width. That pushes me from group E to D.

At Willowsprings I won group E by 20 some seconds over second place. At Laguna there was nobody else in E.

Do you think there might be more competiton in E at Buttonwillow?

Comparing Willow to Laguna, the only driver who did both was Peter Kemos, and he won both times.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts