Alfa Romeo Forums banner

21 - 40 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
@TZ, beautiful pics of a beautiful car in a beautiful scenery!!! :cool: It reminds me of the holliday we spent in Greece 25 years ago with our 501 red 2000 GTV, 9.500 km in just 4 weeks.... :eek:

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
A first attempt to evaluate the condition of the car's bodywork prior getting to the shop. I hope i will find some free time to begin the restoration process as soon as possible!
A picture from the driver's floor. I was already aware about the hole of the floor but i can say that i am pretty happy of the condition of the firewall. Actually it was really moving while i was removing the firewall's protecting layers just only to see the perfect and original 501 painted metal inside... :)
I know that the floors will need to be replaced with new ones but al least i was happy to see that the damage was almost limited only there!
At the rear and under the rear seat the panels were almost in perfect condition as were the inside surface of the rear fenders. Quite satisfied up to now!

Attachments

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Not as good at the luggage space though...
The spare wheel well definately needs to be replaced and i found out a number of rusted places perhaps a bit difficult to be repaired! I am sorry for the bad quality of the pics as the were taken off a mobil phone.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Theo , you're in for a bit of work...
Way back ,while in the airforce myself stationed in AA of Rhodes with Tower duties (ΒΕΛΠ) i also run into some Giulias, i remember a very special racing one (blue) that used to come in the airport and spit its guts on the airfield.
The guy who raced it told me he had another one, the car was extremely fast.
I can see you're heading for deep water-bodywork! Sad you've started stripping the car though- i was gonna ask you to join our pack of 2 screaming Giulias terrorising Athens and Pireas on weekend mornings!
My cell is (697-7689207) Lazaros

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Γειά σου Λάζαρε!
Very nice story there! It seems that you had a nice service, it could not be better than that! :p
I wish i were a terrorist! :D Terrorising in Parnitha and Ritsona seems to be a nice hobby! Bn Laden should read this and do something to make his job more interesting! :D
Thanks for the offer but i think that there are also other places in need of terrorism such as the special stage of Fteri near Egio, Pititsa, and other wonderful "turning" places around Achaia! See you! :)
My mobile number is 6938303787

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Νot an "Athenian" eh?
Οσο για τη θητεια επεσες μεσα ρε - πως ειναι το βυσμα στ'αγγλικα "PLUG"? χαχαχα -Αν ανεβεις Αθηνα σκασε τηλεφωνο , μπορει να ψησω το φιλαρακι μου να κατεβουμε με τις αλφα κατω καμμια καλη μερα βεβαια,
ξερεις τον χειμωνα ειμαι λιγο psycho την κλεινω μεσα στο γκαραζ , τελικα θα το γδυσεις ντουγρου για αναπαλαιωση????

·
Registered
15 Posts
These pics took me back to 2003 when I was striping out almost everything from the car to get her a nice paintwork while Bill had just bought his junior and he was about to follow the same procedure! Nice years Bill! :cool:
It's a great experience to build an Alfa from point 0 back to her original state!
Looking closely to the photos these rusted parts are the most common as you already know. As I told you before I think that a glassblust will do great job!
Great photos...keep us informed Theo! ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
This is Parnitha's official terrorist speaking!:D

GTV-GR: It's too strange that I haven't seen you at Peiraias before ...it’s one of the routes that I prefer to drive to.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
G|orgos said:
These pics took me back to 2003 when I was striping out almost everything from the car to get her a nice paintwork while Bill had just bought his junior and he was about to follow the same procedure! Nice years Bill! :cool:
It's a great experience to build an Alfa from point 0 back to her original state!
Looking closely to the photos these rusted parts are the most common as you already know. As I told you before I think that a glassblust will do great job!
Great photos...keep us informed Theo! ;)
Take a look here Giorgos! ;) :p

http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthread.php?t=19694&highlight=zinga

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
A bit more progress from the stripping process. The dashboard is out of the car, as is the passenger seat. Unfrtunately the passenger floor panel is badly corroded and the result is that the longitudinal chassis member (passenger side) is also corroded at the front. I suspect that the same goes also foe the driver side member. I hope i will find replacements or at least it could be easily manufactured at the body shop ( any opinions here? )

All these problems derived from a badly operating water channel. When it rained there was a lot of wated entering the passenger's compatment. The result was 2 badly corroded floor panels and 2 corroded chassis members.

Attachments

·
Registered
498 Posts
Now that you started you are obliged to end it, and I understand you are going to do it properly.
Be sure there is more rust hiding which will take all your physical and mental efforts, but be also sure that the result will make you, the happiest man in the world.
The speaker on top of the centre console, betrays the identity and the culture of the previous owners of the 105 series coupes here in Greece, most of them cannibalized their cars beyond recognition.
Keep us informed.
Takis.

·
Registered
258 Posts
MAMMA MIA...the 00526A*S is the 1600 with Weber carbs reduced with 104 CV, is a engine of the last gt 1600Junior, nuova super 1600 and Spider 1600 Unificato and Spider 1.6 Fl83 and AeroII...this engine in a 2000 GTV body is impossible and the gear??? The finally differential speed??? Is one very grat work your work to replace all in just place!!!

CIAO E IN BOCCA AL LUPO!!!

21 - 40 of 43 Posts