Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I have been trolling and very distracted for a few years... ok, 6 or 7...

But I have decided to dust off and try to tinker with my Alfas again. I still have my "168" Sofia, the highway queen of 1998's One Lap of America... she's pouting in the garage. Not driven since 2006. Sad, but that's life. She still looks decent but needs to be refreshed before I try to start the beast.

But, a new distraction is in the drive, and I hope to head to the convention next month if schedule and minor repairs allow.

This is the latest Alfa... She's a little bit different... a bit of patina (rough around the edges) Name is "Sandy", due to her origins...

So, I hope to see some of my old Alfa friends there. My last convention was South Florida, and my daughter was still riding "inside". This time, she'll be riding on my side. :)

Road trip!! (maybe)

AlfaBill

·
Premium Member
27,458 Posts
Isn't Sofia same shade of pale or was she white?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Silver....

Sofia, she's bright silver, Sandy is a 1995 and that pewter gray metallic. Sandy has an accent. Have you caught it yet? Look closely...

·
Premium Member
6,113 Posts
euro side repeater

but I can;t see if LHD or RHD

·
Registered
338 Posts
Interesting - don't all USA spec cars have side reflectors/lights in the bumper? Is that an import? And you mention a timing chain in another thread... T-spark?? Hmmmm! :)

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Yes I like Sandy in that pewter metallic shade with those wheels (very elegant) and the ribbed lower body that you wouldn't expect to see on a 1995 164 that's not a Q4.

I guess that Sandy might be from Singapore, but there was a similar car in Sri Lanka as I recall. And then there's the one and only Twinspark 164 in the US. Maybe this is a second? This is definitely a Twinspark because the wheels have only four bolts.

Anyway, welcome back to the forum. Wish my 164 looked as nice as yours!
A red 'S' is one thing but a 164 in a delicate shade, like my blue-ish silver or your pewter, is a bit more of a 'sleeper'.

-Alex

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well noted. Yes, the 4 bolt wheels are the give away, but it's LHD. Middle East version, or standard Euro spec, I am willing to bet. Cloth seats, (blue) and 5 speed. 4 cylinder, 2.0. That little motor just begs to be run. Soon, Sandy, soon.

AB

·
Premium Member
27,458 Posts
Sounds like A KEEPER! Where did you find it?

·
Premium Member
16,454 Posts
Who snuck that one in? Nice looking.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
You know the saying.... If I told you...

If Alfa had brought these in along side SAAB with the 2.3 they ran back then, who knows.... This is a car that has run and run, cross country with barely a second thought. It's definitely got some grey hair but the drivetrain, I dare say, is a fair rival to the maintenance hungry 3.0. Very nimble and plenty of go. AND a timing chain!!! Weeee!

This one is legit, at great expense. Photos do hide some of the patina, that I think I will keep. My new 3M reflect tapes for the rear are in the post office waiting for a sig... :)

AB

·
Premium Member
16,454 Posts
I'd love to have one of the latest V-6 engines with the timing chains.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts