Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my 94 1.7ie locally and missed it so much that I found a very nice 92 1.5ie in really excellent condition. It drives beautifully, and in my opinion is a nicer motor than the 1.7. Is it generally recognised that the 1.5 is a smoother motor, or is it just this one? I find the 33 to be a great drive, and it has genuine rear seat space for two normal sized adults, plus the versatility of a good hatch.
By the way, glad to see that azzaob is still on the forum. Must catch up with you soon.

Ciao,

Alex.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi Alex

Nice to hear you have a new 33!

I have been pretty busy lately with work - new role for this year as a Head of House/Deans role, so a lot to prepare for AND of course the five little ones....

Hope you and your family are still well?

Cheers, Aaron

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Aaron, good to hear from you. Congrats on the job. We are now in Stanmore Bay! Will call by one day on one of our trips down your way.

Ciao,

Alex.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi Alex, wow a bit of a move. Hope the commute isn't too bad in the mornings?
Still got the little green Sud and big blue 164 chugging along :)
Have you still go the 156?
Aaron

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, and the 33 plus Helene's Rover Cabriolet. We will be using a friend's flat in Mission Bay during the week in term time. I am 50% now so will have more free (car!) time. Will catch up with you in February if all goes well.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sold the 33, now driving a 159 JTDm

The 33 was great and I believe the Series 3 in any guise is a most underrated car. It was completely reliable and excellent on long trips. Only the gearbox let it down in town use, particularly selecting first gear at the lights. The 1.5 motor was sweet as. Now, I have a 2008 159 2.4L turbo diesel with six speed auto. So far, I am delighted with it and the motor is awesome. The torque is great and giving me about 6.4 L per 100 km economy.:thumbup1: It is a heavy car, but steers well and is quiet and comfortable. I am on a diesel learning curve and find it intriguing. Diesel technology has come a long way in recent years. The common rail pressure is amazing at about 22000 psi. Wow!

Ciao Alfisti.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts