- 1600cc with dual 40mm DCOE Webers
- first sold in Germany
- metric gauges

Attachments

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Kai,

Sorry about loosing your previous post showing all of your Alfas. I was replying to it when the server went down last night. I was like what the heck just happen. Anyway very nice GTV! What’s a mater with the other one? I believe you mentioned you were going to part it out.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GTV

Simon,

Those I have posted, I have tried to resize them lower. Although the shot above was merely trimmed.

I bought my red '67 GTV a year ago, and before I met my wife I might add. I paid too much for a 99% complete, poor running GTV. The only rust areas are left of the clutch pedal and the rocker panels. I say only lightly because the rockers are pretty bad.

My purchase decisions and free time is are longer mine alone, thankfully I might add. I talked my wife into allowing me to buy the white GTV by agreeing to sell my Spider and red GTV. I was undecided whether to part it out or try to sell it to someone as a whole project. However, some friends came over to look it. One of them is interested in assembling a GTA streed rod replica. He only needs a body. So I may start stripping parts, saving treasures and selling excess parts. The same 1600 block was used in GTA's. Anyone wanna help yank an engine? heh

Kai

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
White GTV

I just found out that Pat Braden wrote an article on my white '67 GTV, in Sports Car Market magazine! It was on the auction that I won her at.

Does anyone know when he died? This I just heard about too. I have referred to Mr. Brayden's Alfa Bible many times. He will be sadly missed.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Clean 67!

Youre GTV looks flawless from that picture! Did you get a good deal on her?

Oh yeah, are you going to be attending Streets of Willow in February?

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce

She ain't exactly flawless. It's got a few dings and scratches. And the paint has faded on the front end. She is 100% stock and the interior and engine are in great shape. I am going to switch the bumpers and rims with my red GTV. I plan on dropping in a 2 liter with 105.48 cams while retaining the Weber 40DCOE's.

I put off this response until I put up a hokey little web page at http://giulia.hypermart.net/alfas. I have lots of pictures of both GTV's and a copy of the Pat Brayden article. I recommend using PopUp Killer.;)

Btw, I pasted copies of emails I received from the "Archivio Storico Alfa Romeo" in my GTV pages. You can email your VIN and receive your Alfa's 'birth certificate'! If anyone wants the email address, I'll dig it up.

As for Streets of Willow, I'd love to go, but only as an observer, this time. I am going to an AROSC lunch in L.B. on the 26th.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this sacrilege?

I have never seen a GTV with tinted windows. Is this against the Alfa law? I currently have to park my baby outside. I sure don't want my nice seats drying up.

I broke out my Sharpie again and went full limo.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,450 Posts
Hey Kai:

Very nice example. I read the write up and that was impressive. You will have to get her pristine and finish her off. Looks like all it needs is a little body work and a paint job.

Great car!

John M

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is a shameless bump in order to show the General a real '67 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce. :D

Also to show Stu what my $7000 bought. I got the seller to deduct $300 for all the DMV fees I had to pay. She has a few dings and some minor rust spots, but she's all original with no modifications. The article that Pat Braden wrote about this eBay auction can be viewed at my site listed below.

Attachments

·
Banned
6,139 Posts
Pat Braden...

was a good friend and passd away last (2002) August. I knew him for some 35-40 years. Pat was the guy at HYUNDAI ( :eek: )
that wrote all their training programs! He, Dave Mericle Jr (who runs the US Giulia Sedan Register and is perhaps the most knowledgeable guy in the world on the Giulia Sedans) and I went to Concours Italiano together in Dave's red '67 Giulia Super, and on the way back, Pat fell asleep in the back seat. Dave had the car pegged, which means we were doing about 116mph. Rest in Peace, Good Friend :)

Very nice 105GTVs everyone. I know if one looks hard enough, you can find a VERY nice 105 series coupe for $6000-$8000, and a near perfect one for $10000. A "best in the world" one should be about $12000-$14000...

·
Supporting Vendor
4,365 Posts
I got to spend a long day with Pat, Cheryl and their energetic young daughter Pattie last summer during the AROC convention. Pattie *really* wanted to make a night of it, too, and go out to eat, etc. I begged off, thinking the Bradens were tired and wanted to go home, and that Pattie was just being a kid. Now I really wish we had gone out to eat that night ...

Pattie "playing" in my Milano

Attachments

·
Supporting Vendor
4,365 Posts
Pat with Zamani and Nizam

Attachments

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I was only familiar with Pat Braden through his reputation and his books. I was saddened to hear of his passing. It is quite possible that this article was the last thing he wrote. My auction ended 6/27/02 and the article appeared in the August issue of Keith Martin's Sports Car Market Magazine. http://sportscarmarket.com/

1 - 20 of 63 Posts