Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
I'm squinting, i think i can just about see a car there :D lol j/k they are smallish pics thats all. I take it you got your petrol station damage fixed up?

She's looking good! In my view though, needs those 13" pepperpot GTAm wheels to really set it off. Is that on Beach Rd somewhere?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep all repaired! It took ages though. I agree with your wheel choice, but can't fit the 13's because of the brakes (4 piston front calipers and larger discs fitted) 15" wheels are the smallest i can fit. The shots are at Aspendale beach c/park. Sorry about the photo quality original shots are to large to post. PM me if you want some better quality shots.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I agree with andyb6 that one large wheel gap.:D That wheels look nice and great work. More pic on that roll bar please.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know I know it sits to high..but..with standard guards the car would look quite low. The way the guards have been flared gives a lot of clearance for wheels and tyres (running 225/15/50s at the mo). I'm looking lowering it a bit further though and fitting wider rears.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Are there many of these GTAm replicas in Oz?
What engine do you have in it?

I had these pics of a GTV 2000 from Bris in the mid 80's

Attachments

·
Registered
559 Posts
looks great!

I agree with PSK about the black behind the grille.
And another thing. You should consider the Quad light setup. It looks better in my opinion...

Congratulations!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
alfa2go said:
Are there many of these GTAm replicas in Oz?
What engine do you have in it?

I had these pics of a GTV 2000 from Bris in the mid 80's
Alfa2go,
Don't know how many replicas there are here. I've only seen one in Melbourne about 4 years ago. Navy blue GTV 2000 rough as with lots of panel damage. Never seen it again. Vin Sharp at Pace Engineering recently finished the 2L now in it. Not sure of HP but it was a total rebuild with lots of head work, big cams, 45s ect. But still driveable(just!) on the street.The engine's run in so some dyno time soon to get it running spot on.
Do you have any more information on the GTV pictured?? What an awesome car. It's just got 'the look' i'm working towards! Any info would be much appreciated.Thanks.
Others, Thanks for the feedback. Getting the bits together for the quadlight look. Not going to install the middle 2 lights but just have the mesh covers so i can still run the cold air intake and oil cooler. Also going to drop the ride height by another inch or so. Anyone recommend good spring specs for track and limited road use? Cheers

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
GTAM1 said:
Alfa2go,
Don't know how many replicas there are here. I've only seen one in Melbourne about 4 years ago. Navy blue GTV 2000 rough as with lots of panel damage. Never seen it again. Vin Sharp at Pace Engineering recently finished the 2L now in it. Not sure of HP but it was a total rebuild with lots of head work, big cams, 45s ect. But still driveable(just!) on the street.The engine's run in so some dyno time soon to get it running spot on.
Do you have any more information on the GTV pictured?? What an awesome car. It's just got 'the look' i'm working towards! Any info would be much appreciated.Thanks.
Dont know anything else about the car other than it feel out of a pile of Alfa Club mags from the early eighties that the PO of my Sprint GT gave me when I bought my car.

Vin Sharp said a while back he would see if he could find out but other than that I have no leads. Might shoot it off the the local Alfa Club to see if anyone knows more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
alfa2go said:
Dont know anything else about the car other than it feel out of a pile of Alfa Club mags from the early eighties that the PO of my Sprint GT gave me when I bought my car.

Vin Sharp said a while back he would see if he could find out but other than that I have no leads. Might shoot it off the the local Alfa Club to see if anyone knows more.
Thanks Derek. Catching up with Vin next week. Will run it past him again and find out if he's heard anything. Let me know if you dig up anything and i'll do likewise. cheers

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
tibones said:
Wow, what kind of wheels are these, does anyone know??
Not sure but it looks like they are off an 80's Ford or something else American that has a 4x98 pattern.

Yes.. the look of that GTA is hot!

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Hey GTAM1 do you drive it regularly? One of my non Alfa friends (XF falcon :() said he saw "a red coupe like your old one but with big flared guards and black wheels" driving down the S.E freeway..

I could only think of one car I knew of in Melbourne like that...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
py105 said:
Hey GTAM1 do you drive it regularly? One of my non Alfa friends (XF falcon :() said he saw "a red coupe like your old one but with big flared guards and black wheels" driving down the S.E freeway..

I could only think of one car I knew of in Melbourne like that...
Hi py105, Most likely me..i do drive the car as often as possible. Not too much during winter, but cant help taking it for a quick spin, you know, to keep things running properly :cool:. Had a couple of minor probs with the new engine sorted. So yeah might get out this weekend. Cheers

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.