Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Favorite part about Tuesdays, new videos from Petrolious!

·
Registered
21 Posts
What a treat to have your Giulietta immortalized by the talented team there! Awesome video, bet you are very happy.

I blog about cars and would love to make a post about your car. Would you be open to doing a shoot if I can find a good photographer to hire near your location? I'd do it myself but I'm on the other side of the world.

Cheers,

Sam

·
Registered
190 Posts
Very cool. I flat tow my Alfetta GT to the track. I'm not super young (48), and have been around racing for about five years (not long, but not brand, brand new), but some of the "real" old timers have told me about the nostalgia when they see me flat towing the car. Part of it is budget, but the bigger part is space. However, recently we've found for certain reasons that I don't want to go into here, that our club won't be racing at our local track for awhile. So I guess a trailer is in my future. My car is technically street legal, but I didn't have the patience when fixing it up to fix certain things. So, it has insurance and a plate, but that's pretty much it. No turn signals, no wipers, no headlights, etc., etc. I've taken it the 1/2 mile to the highway, and revved it through the gears for the length of one exit, and brought it back, to test drive it when I'm working on it. That sort of thing.

I so agree with your take on tinkering with the car. Don't get me wrong. Some guys love that, and that's why anyone participates in a hobby. For me, it's a weird intellectual thing, where I'm always thinking about why I'm not consistent through a turn or something. I'm generally last. :)

Looks like a fun bunch of cars/drivers you have out there. I grew up in NYC and Westchester. Never made it to Lime Rock, but when I was a kid in the '70's, my dad brought me to Watkins Glen to watch his friend race. I was mesmerized by all of the sports cars, tape on the glass headlights and all. So, so cool.

Nick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Bradly great video. I have always liked the race element on wheels. Great to see you show how it can be done on a budget. I must look at my alfa veloce and see what I can do. Thanks for your article.
Vincenzo vinnychoff

1 - 11 of 11 Posts