Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

I am the proud new owner of a 1987 Milano gold. Here's a question. I live in Dallas Texas and I've been looking around for a shop that might have experience working on these before. So far, the only one I have found recommended is shade tree enginetrics, but that particular location is about an hour from where I live so it isn't the most convenient spot. Does anyone know of any other shops in the Dallas/Fort Worth area that has a good reputation for these cars? Any help will be massively appreciated. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Congratulations! I've owned the same (in red) for 19 years (though it may be moving on soon), lots of ups and downs, but the lasting memory will be that it's a blast to drive.

The BB should be a valuable source of information and experience for you, hope you can fine a reliable and knowledgable mechanic nearby, as many things on a 38-year-old car will need attention--besides the normal maintenance, which is important.

What are the details of your car? What shape is it in, what made you choose it?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's a pretty solid Florida car in bright red. Before me it had 2 owners and the 2nd owner bought it in 89. It's been garage kept and is mostly rust free. It's not perfect though. needs some TLC paint chipping, weatherstripping coming loose, couple of bulbs, nothing too bad. Mechanically it's got the common 2nd gear synchro issue but it's given me no trouble yet. Has an oil leak, big surprise, and will probably need a new clutch within a year or so judging from a local Ferrari mechanic who offered to look at it (his family owned several in the past). The only things that currently makes me a little sad is the heater vent is either stuck on the middle setting, or the ac is blowing "cool" but not cold and the headrest won't go up. But it has a crack free dash most everything is original. Will probably have it charged when it gets back to Dallas. I picked it because I really wanted either one of these or a 164 and this was the best I could find for my budget after perusing the internet. I'm excited to begin my journey with it!

·
Registered
52 Posts
The guy that I bought my '84 GTV6 from lived in Dallas. He gave me a bunch of his receipts when I bought the car in 2001... lol
Here are the shops:
Autobahn Exotics Carrollton Tx 214-416-1398
Reeds Car Care Irving TX 972-986-9565

Almost all of the receipts were from the Autobahn shop.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It should be noted that for Reed's car care I only see air conditioning receipts. The other shop he had a bunch of real work done. That was 18 years ago I got those receipts, hopefully Autobahn Exotics is still around. I couldn't find a website, just a number on the receipts.
Good Luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts