Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so excited, my parents have just given me a beautiful '82 GTV. I am only 15 and as a project I am going to be spending the next 18months getting it ready, I hope I can ask heaps of questions about those hard to find bits..

Kind regards, Callum

·
Administrator
17,043 Posts
Welcome! What shape is it in now? I'd suggest you read and learn before taking too much of it apart. Then break it down into small logical tasks. Sometimes the whole project can be overwhelming but if you do one small part at a time and keep at it eventually it'll all get done.

And post some pictures! We like pictures.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I'm so excited, my parents have just given me a beautiful '82 GTV. I am only 15 and as a project I am going to be spending the next 18months getting it ready, I hope I can ask heaps of questions about those hard to find bits..

Kind regards, Callum
A very lucky guy!

When i was 15, my parents would never have given even a scooter :laugh::laugh:

·
Premium Member
15,881 Posts
At 15, I was still too young legally to have a license. Actually, when I look back, maybe too young to drive on the streets anyway, lol.

Didn't have my first car until I was about 19, needing something to commute to college in. Bought a Morris Mini Minor 850. A really fun but underpowered car. It has such good handling, the trick to driving it was to get it up to speed, and then let the superb handling get you through the corners past everyone else without slowing.

Bought my first Alfa, a slightly used but absolutely showroom quality 64 Giulia Sprint GT (2nd one in the US), when I graduated from college and started getting some decent money from my first job.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Callum, congratulations buddy! That is great news. Very excited for you. This is a great forum with quite a few very knowledgeable people who are willing to share, help out with advice and even provide you with a hard to find part now and then. I'm 55 and only discovered the joy of driving an Alfa at the ripe old age of 53. Now I have two. So you are definitely starting out with a winner IMO.

Welcome!

Also, I have a 15 year old son, who has some interest in a Milano... So, that may come to pass in the next cpl of years.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Callum, post some pics of the car under Advanced Options on your postings. Would very much like to see it.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Congrats and welcome!
You're in for a lot of fun and education with your project. Advice is plentiful and reliable here, and parts are available from various suppliers if not here for most issues you'll run into.
My first Alfa was a '76 Alfetta Berlina at the ripe age of 20…
Best wishes for an enjoyable restoration/recommissioning!
- Art

1 - 8 of 8 Posts