Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, Im Speed…Ive been lurking around for a while for help with repairs…now Ill just make my official introduction, I use this car as a daily driver and could've bought something more practical…etc. But with an alfa shop four miles away and an alfa parts exchange nearby Ive taken a chance. So far so good…the car runs great and strong, everywhere I go people are looking at it or coming up to me asking about it. Im aware this car won't win any drag races in stock form, but i replaced the stock muffler with a straight pipe and dual outlet tip and it sounds like a race car. Originally was going to get a fiat 124 but my dad already has one of those so i went the Alfa route and I'm glad i did.
……having trouble posting pics

Attachments

·
Registered
158 Posts
You can upload pics as attachments to a post to this web site directly from your hard drive using the "attach files" box at the bottom of the message composition screen. You don't need to link to an outside server.

Congratulations on the '86 Graduate. I drove an '86 Grad a couple of years ago that was on display in the car museum where I volunteer and loved the nimble feel of the car. A little speedboat compared to the cabin cruisers that are most other modern cars. That led me to buy my own Alfa (turned out to be a '91 Spider) about a year later.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Its not available on the edit screen, but if you create a new post or reply there is an "additional options" box below where you can attach files, including photos in most formats.

·
Registered
158 Posts
thanks…34acd…foothills sounds fairly close to my location…
Perhaps. I live in El Dorado County off Highway 50 and am a docent at the California Automobile Museum in Sacramento. Lots of windy 2-lane mountain roads and a great place to own an open sports car and drive it all 4 seasons. I actually had the top down a few days ago since it has been in the mid-60s and sunny for a few weeks, although I admit I had the heater on to keep my feet warm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Perhaps. I live in El Dorado County off Highway 50 and am a docent at the California Automobile Museum in Sacramento. Lots of windy 2-lane mountain roads and a great place to own an open sports car and drive it all 4 seasons. I actually had the top down a few days ago since it has been in the mid-60s and sunny for a few weeks, although I admit I had the heater on to keep my feet warm.
Oh you are close…I live about four miles away from the auto museum in sacramento…And I'm with you I've had the top down with heater on everyday we've had sunshine and any temp in the 60s.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Oh you are close…I live about four miles away from the auto museum in sacramento…And I'm with you I've had the top down with heater on everyday we've had sunshine and any temp in the 60s.
Nice to meet another local Alfa owner. You will have to get to know Mike at the Barber Shop downtown on 18th Street, the only local Alfa shop in the area. They do good work, aren't too expensive and willingly offer free advice when you are doing your own work on the Alfa if you don't don't abuse their time. As good as this BBS is for advice, it's nice to have a good Alfa shop in the area.

Mike's son Cody does radio installations and has done a lot of Alfas (he installed a Bluetooth Alpine unit and new speakers in my Spider). If you drive a lot with the top down and get tired of listening to the stinger, there is nothing like a modern sound system. If your speakers are original, they are probably shot after nearly 30 years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice to meet another local Alfa owner. You will have to get to know Mike at the Barber Shop downtown on 18th Street, the only local Alfa shop in the area. They do good work, aren't too expensive and willingly offer free advice when you are doing your own work on the Alfa if you don't don't abuse their time. As good as this BBS is for advice, it's nice to have a good Alfa shop in the area.

Mike's son Cody does radio installations and has done a lot of Alfas (he installed a Bluetooth Alpine unit and new speakers in my Spider). If you drive a lot with the top down and get tired of listening to the stinger, there is nothing like a modern sound system. If your speakers are original, they are probably shot after nearly 30 years.
I found barbershop auto as soon as i bought the car…bout a driveline rebuild kit from them, brakes and tune up parts…my throttle ends broke a couple weeks ago…and they just gave me some for free…good people there..im not sure with names but i met the guy that drives the yellow 74 spider

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
You will love this car. I bought my 86 Veloce last summer, and people really love this car, I've noticed.

·
Premium Member
1,346 Posts
You are correct, sir! My GF actually was upset that I didn't 'consult' her on the purchase (as if), and when she got back into town as saw it, she flipped out over it. We drove it everywhere last summer, and I lucked out; no *****ing about wind messing up her hair! GOOD LUCK WITH THAT ONE :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Very nice looking spider. Congrats!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts