Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1969 Berlina is very close to being done. Roman Tucker has been working on it the past several weeks and he could have it done sometime the next week or so. After almost 15 months of waiting and doling out checks I can't wait to take her for her first spin since she was last driven in 1987! I'll post more pictures when she's all put together. Roman found a nice replacement fascia wood for the dash that looks great.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
looks absolutely stunning! I see why you can't wait to drive her!

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the great feedback. As several people have mentioned on this board before it's great to see so many people restore these great cars. Obviously I could have bought an already nicely restored Berlina and saved myself thousands in the process....like one of ROGERSPEEDS, but it just feels good to bring something back to life that has been sitting in a garage for almost 20 years.

Here is what the car looked like when I bought it:

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was going to point out that the car had very little rust when I bought it last year. There was the typical rust on the rockers and some on the floor by the pedals. The biggest issue was getting the roof and doors straight. The roof had some dents, and there were a few on the sides and since this car has such flat sides and roof we had to get it looking good before the paint went on. I stayed away from painting it a darker color so any imperfections wouldn't show. But honestly I can't find any imperfections as it is. They did a really nice job at the body shop. I also decided not to put the bumpers back on so they filled the holes were the bumpers get bolted on. I like the bumperless look, but I'll hand onto the bumpers in case I change my mind.

·
Registered
563 Posts
car looks great! Good starting point for a restoration though with so little rust.... most Berlina's in England are so rusty they are bending in half! :eek:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
py105 said:
'linas look so good without bumpers :) what colour is that?
AR330 SPACE BLUE

I just got off of the phone with Roman and the car is pretty much done. He drove it this weekend and said that the engine is remarkably strong and the car has no rattles or squeeks. Completely solid thru and thru.

·
Registered
264 Posts
WOW! Lovely color. If I had to repaint my 156, I'll do in this color!
Are you going to restore the interiors too? I think that navy blue leather will be amazing with that ext. colour.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
berlina

the car is now in SF area as part of a mini collection. the 3 horizontal bars on the grille has been deleted to give it a more sports purpose feel. coming very soon are new rims and a few trick parts on the motor compartment.

·
Premium Member
2,512 Posts
Benji,

So does that mean it's yours now? I was kind of hoping that GTV Racer would hold on to it just a little longer so we could see it in Detroit this summer. Don't you feel a Berlina road trip coming on? :) Great looking car, obviously in good hands.

Bill Sinclair
67 Spider, 69 Berlina (project), 67 Super (project)

·
Premium Member
2,811 Posts
--------Gorgeous!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts