Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 1991, as I was about to graduate from college,  I saw the newly redesigned Spider. New Alfa graduating from college, perfect. (huge Hoffman fan) Three months before I graduated I found out my wife was pregnant. So, I bought a 4 door Saturn and packed my brand new baby girl into it. It did have a 5 speed.  I could still pretend.

After 20 years, couple of degrees, alot of jobs and more cars than I can count I found the perfect car.  A low mileage mechanically sound 1991, perfect.  One slight problem. My daughter was diagnosed with kidney disease. I put the purchase to the side again. With a brand new kidney for my daughter, I decided to renew my search. Low and behold I found the same car I looked at and it was still for sale. I took it as a sign. That was March of this year. The car, the kidney and the daughter are doing great.

She is back home from college so I decided I would take her on her first road trip to a family reunion in Louisiana.  My Alfa didn't have a name so I asked my daughter to name her. She thought for a second, Audrey. (She is a big Hepburn fan)   Audrey the Alfa, perfect.

600 miles later, Audrey the Alfa, me and my baby girl rolled back into the garage at home.  Mission accomplished. Other than dirt and a few bug guts it went off without a hitch.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,176 Posts
Wow! Great story, thanks for sharing!

Glad to hear your daughter is doing well, sounds like it wasn't an easy journey for anybody.

Make your next road trip to Kentucky in July!

bs

·
Registered
971 Posts
Congrats on your purchase and first road trip. You are a man with priorities in order. Enjoy yourself and your Alfa. More important, continued best wishes for your daughter's health.

·
Registered
86 Posts
What a great story! In a sea of "my lights don't work" and 25K threads about oil, lol, THIS is why we love our Alfas. Stories like this keep us going and it was great that you decided to share this one. Best wishes to you and your daughter. Enjoy her and Audrey as much as you can :)

·
Registered
4,311 Posts
Good Karma man, you've got loads of it and that little Alfa isn't gonna ever let you down!

·
Registered
9,977 Posts
Great story. Beware, though, with a beautiful daughter like that, some good looking guy is going to come along, sweep her off her feet, and the next thing you'll know is you're going to be paying for a wedding. Please don't sell the Alfa!

And Audrey Hepburn is one of my favorites as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries. Alfa is staying in the family. I have a 9 yo son and an Australian Shepard that both love the car as much as I do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts