Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got my hands on the Alfa I've always wanted and its currently being restored ... right now the body is being repaired and then spray time. I've decided to build a classic car portal site where I could load my car and build a type of "Lifebook" for it, but ended up dedicating the site to any classics thats in South Africa that enthusiast might want to do the same with. Here's where my car progress can be seen ... 1976 Alfa Romeo GTV 2000 | My Classics

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Seat covers

Is there anyone that knows if it's possible to get seat covers made for the Alfa GTV 2000 I'm restoring in Cape Town, South Africa? ... Or would I need to buy them overseas and import to SA?

·
Premium Member
1965 Giulia TI/1998 Spider
3,961 Posts
Nice GTV!! I don't know about SA, but there are many suppliers, in UK, USA, Germany, and other countries that will gladly ship to you. I have not gone that route for seat covers, so I could not recommend a specific supplier

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
New engine and lots more ...

I have recently discovered (after getting the information about my engine number back) that my car did not have a 2L. So my car is going in this month to have a 2L engine fitted (its currently being built out of 3 2L engine parts), the gearbox will be completely overhauled, new exhaust and couple of tweaks on the back suspension. Can't wait :) ... Once I have photos I will post them here. Also my steering wheel is now being done by the super talented Franjo :)
You can follow more progress of my car on www.myclassics.co.za, but I will be posting updates here too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Steering wheel almost complete

Can't wait to get this steering on my car. My car went in today for the newly rebuilt engine to be put in and the gearbox overhaul to start.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Beautiful color combo - very clean. Is the interior a factory original color? Or did you have the upholstery made for you?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The upholstery is actually fake ... the previous owner did it in white (but its not leather ... more like "pleather" - plastic leather) .... so I will soon have the interior redone in leather, but thinking to go with very very light grey

·
Registered
4,545 Posts
Fake? Was there ever factory leather on these cars? I know nothing about the south african market.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I meant fake leather ... and the stitching is not as they came out with ... I have seen many with the original here ... so I think the seats must have been in bad shape and the previous owner just covered it in the cheapest leather look a like ... pity though ... but i'm going to have it all sorted.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Engine rebuild coming along

My engine rebuild is coming along nicely!

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Latest updates

Some pics of the latest updates to my car ... hopefully this week the reassembled engine will go into my car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
71 Berlina 74 GTV 17 Giulia Q4
6,706 Posts
Has your head been resurfaced?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
More updates

The head cover was cleaned and then sprayed and baked. Here is the higher compression pistons and the engine was fitted back into the car today ...

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
More updates

New exhaust fitted, small overriders and my new steering wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
138 Posts
Greetings GTV Guy,

Car is looking great...looking at your pictures of your small overriders...those would be excellent for us US Spec owners that are wishing to remove the large overriders...does anyone know if these type of small overriders are available from the suppliers??

Keep up the updates...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts