Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all!

Well this would be my first post on this site and i'm quite excited! This is my restoration project of my alfa in which I obtained it when I was in the 8th grade, and now i'm a sophomore in high school. I first saw a spider on my dad's parking lot and knew I needed to have one at the age of 5. I then proceeded to tell my dad how awesome it was and that I needed to have one or the world would come to an end... he told me I was five and had a few years to wait before getting into a project car :p
This alfa has sat for a good 20 years, and it was rolled on the california mille in 92. its always been a california car. I found it in a basement under about 100 boxes. I hope you all enjoy and I get good feedback. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,243 Posts
Nice project.:)

Kinda partial to 101 Sprint projects--particularly blue.

:cool::cool:

·
Super Moderator
11,962 Posts
You will find your new old car to be a spectacular performer. As you will discover as a BB member, these are now finally getting the appreciation they deserve. This is a most worthwhile restoration, and it appears you are doing a great job.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks gordon! I do enjoy this car quite a bit :D and they are sure great little cars! it has taken a bit of time, yet we are getting closer and closer everyday, today we were working on putting the headliner in :)

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Congrats on a car looking so good (considering the bashed roof earlier)! The Tornado Blue is my favorite color for Sprints.

Did the engine and other mechanicals require any work?

Come out on our Giulietta Jaunt next Spring when the car's ready. I'll be coming along on the Anti-football run; maybe I'll see you there.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Ferrarialfa6, Congratulations on your restoration project .....and you seem to have all the right contacts... I see your car standing outside Lawrence Anderson's and parked in Eric Zauzner's place alongside his Ferrari Hot Rod. What company!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would absolutely love too!! it is just a wonderful color isn't it? and by any chance is this drive one of andrew watry's drives? although I might be confused... But thanks for the invite! The engine did not need much in which it a carb rebuild, water pump, full brake rebuild all of which i did on my own :D But only minor things were required :D especially for sitting for nearly 20 years!
And yes i am quite blessed in the position i have been put it :D my dad is Patrick Ottis which does indeed help me quite a bit :p It will be at the pig roast upcoming hopefully near complete :)

·
Super Moderator
11,962 Posts
Was the roof repaired or replaced?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Was the roof repaired or replaced?
It was indeed replaced. A man named Glenn Oliveria has an alfa repair shop in berkeley and had a rusted out giulietta, in fact, the only part that did not have rust on the car was the top, we we chopped it off and it worked out well :D

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
The Giulietta Jaunt is a drive that I put up yearly for Giuliettas (750/101s), and is not one of Andrew's drives. If you let me have your e-mail address I can add you to the mailing list. The next one should be in May or so. Here's a link to the event's site, though it hasn't been updated for a while now - the red SV under the tree belongs to a Laurence Anderson:

http://giuliettajaunt.com/

alfazagato's been on a Jaunt or two with us, and he usually sets the pace! Check with Laurence as well; he's been along a few times in his SV.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Very nice. That is a great color. There was a spider Veloce in my neighborhood with that color when I was your age, I always though it was great. Do you have a color code? I have been thinking about painting my Giulietta berlina the same color. I have a daughter your age. She was around 8 when I "dragged" her home a Fiat 500 (from the swap at Imola). She loves the car but I will not share with her the pics of your sprint.

·
Premium Member
3,275 Posts
Dan, you seem to have every variety Alfa out there.

I believe that the paint code is AR319.

Attached are some TB photos that I've gathered over the years. In the last photo, isn't it the perfect complement to the Ochre Yellow GTV next to it?

Attachments

·
Registered
312 Posts
colors

Hey Pat, Thanks for the great pics. Like the color of the sprint young Ottis is doing and Bill Gilliam's berlina the colors in the pics are helping me with my color selection for the berlina (my next project). And yes, I have a number of Alfas, some with great colors, 1900 is dark green, '65 spider Veloce is ivory (yellow straw), Jr.Z is sliver. Others however I plan to change the color, baby blue on the sprint Veloce, mint green on the berlina. Like most, I am oriented to colors that match the model, "period appropriate." And as you know here in California some paints are hard to get and some color codes may not cross over to paints we can get. I will look into AR319. I will also try and dig out a pic of the '61 spider Veloce I referred to. It may ring a bell to someone. Thanks again. Dan

·
Registered
416 Posts
Wow, I love the Tornado Blue- the same as my Sprint originally. How did your painter reproduce it? Was he able to buy it from a supplier? We're getting ready to paint soon.
Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Wow, nice work. I talked to you last year at the All Italian Day. You've done a lot of work over the past year. I was hoping to see your car again this year. Glad to see its nearly a driver.

Will

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks everyone for complementing the work done on my car! and the color as well! :D We did get the paint from a supplier and had brian hoyt do the painting.
I was really hopping to come with my car to the all italian car show in october! but one thing led to another, and i got delayed with the car... but we did come with my dads gray giulietta :D it was parked next to the gray 2600.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Hey, not everything falls into place sometimes. Last year just after the All Italian day the Sprint I was trying to get my hands on became mine. My big goal was to have it at the All Italian day this year, its not even close. I haven't had time to touch it since last Feb. I really need to sell my 1300 Veloce short block and find a straighter nose section and either a 1600 or preferably a euro 1750.

I look forward to seeing your car next year.

Will

1 - 20 of 37 Posts