Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BBers,

I had the privilege of being a guest of HMA (Glenn) today at his shop in Maine. I was in the Boston area for business and had made arrangements to visit this afternoon.

All I can say is WOW on many fronts. Frist of all, HMA is a true gentlemen and was a gracious host and generous with his time and his stories. Second, his shop is cool with a lot of great Alfas there, all with a story! Third, his love for original rock music is even more than his love for Alfas. Rarely do I get to interact with a true musician and he is one through and through.

Glenn was kind enough to offer me a ride in the Montreal (in the pic) as well as Blue Meanie, his awesome GTV6. Despite my own Monty resto project, I had never been in a running one, let alone one as wonderful sounding and performing as this one! I can't wait to get home to Charlotte and accelerate my build!

Glenn does a lot as a Moderator for the BB, and I know we are all very appreciative for his time and efforts!

If you have a spare afternoon, be sure to contact him and arrange a visit!

Thanks for an amazing afternoon HMA!!

JP

Attachments

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Thanks Heavy Metal Alfa (Glen) for being our Moderator! The photos say “Acoustic Alfa” but perhaps that’s just me…

Thanks JP for the information; now lets get that Montreal done and back 'on the road again' so we can meet up. That reminds me of a college buddy, Mike Woods that used to sing and play the guitar for parties and nightclubs. He did a Willie Nelson song "On the commode again" that was really gross!

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,625 Posts
Glennco is the best host. Always have a great time when I visit. Hopefully the 2 trips I have planned to visit happen. One this month, but I don't know the date, and a road trip RobH is planning for October. Hope the Montreal is up and running HMA? Like some feedback!

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mark, Believe me, I am more than ready to get this Monty on the road. That pesky job gets in the way and if I could have a two month sabbatical, I could finish. Problem is that my employer would make it a permanent sabbatical!

JP

·
Premium Member
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a YouTube link of us in the Monty. HMA is driving.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Hey John !
It was great having you visit. I don't get many Alfa BB'ers up here and it was cool to talk about the BB with a fellow member! And your love of Alfas was easy to see.
I look forward to you finishing your Monti. They are ferocious cars and very addicting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts