Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even when I drove it away from the dealer when new, the A/C blew just hard enough to keep you from breaking into a total body sweat on typical Texas summer day but it seems to have lost some power over the last 20 years.

The major components were recently replaced. The tech who did the work indicated the fan was probably tired and a fresh one would help considerably.

Do the experts agree on his advice? Can I DIY? Are replacement fans available (I don't recall seeing them in the IAP catalog)?

Thanks as always.

Ken

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I'm not sure where you are in Texas, but if you're talking about Houston style heat and humidity, or even Dallas, then yes the system might be marginal for those conditions. Here in Kentucky summers, the systems on our Spiders are fine, and I have even turned the temp control down a bit at times. But Texas?

What about you Spider owners in Florida or the Gulf coast? That's fairly severe conditions for the S4 Spider A/C.

·
Registered
520 Posts
the thing is, your fan speed should be pretty evident. like it moves my shirt when i run it.

so when you run through the 3 speeds, your AC presents 3 different speeds as a result? just lower??

whats your voltage-gauge doing when you turn on just the fans (without compressor rheostat)

·
Registered
520 Posts
maybe a tear in the vent-tubing? its a soft accordian-rubber.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts