Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my '76 1600 GT Junior. It's lowered and has a 27mm front anti roll bar. I'm using 15" (Ford Focus) steel wheels with Yokohama A539 tyres. I use if for sprints and hill climbs (the picture is at Loton Park Hill climb last year)

I've just bought a 2000 GTV to break for the engine, gearbox and LSD so I should be quicker when that's installed.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
djone101 said:
I'm using 15" (Ford Focus) steel wheels with Yokohama A539 tyres.
Hi Djone101

Ford Focus has the same bolt pattern as a GTV, is that true??
And is that the steel wheel in the picture?

Thx.

PS. Your car look really nice!! :D

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Lug bolt patern

Ford as Alfa have 4X108.......

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No they're not the same offset (as Focus is FWD) so I have 10mm spacers on the front and 15mm on the rear, that gets it back to very close to the standard off set - slightly under on the front and slightly over on the rear.

The great thing is the Focus rims are all new and cost me £5 each. I now have two sets - one with Pirrelli P6000 195 60 15 (standard Focus size) tyres and one with the Yokohama 195 50 15 A539 tyres. (plus the original 14" rims too)

I did a track day at Mallory Park last sprng and was impressed at how well the Pirellis wear - they stood up very well, but the Yokohamas have the edge on grip - especially from cold and that's what you need on a sprint or hill climb.

If anyone is doing the Alfaholics Track day at Castle Combe in April - I'll see you there.....

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
djone101 said:
The great thing is the Focus rims are all new and cost me £5 each. I now have two sets - one with Pirrelli P6000 195 60 15 (standard Focus size) tyres and one with the Yokohama 195 50 15 A539 tyres. (plus the original 14" rims too)
Oh!! £5!!
I was searching through websites just now and find out they cost $50.00 each in the states! And I cannot find a 15 inch one! They're either 14x5.5 or 15x4 (spare tire) :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts