Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After dragging home my first alfa, after 8 years of doing without, using a car dolly and a borrowed truck (It followed me home honey! Can I keep it!?) I got tired of getting stuck and having to climb out the passenger door while moving it trying to make a place in the garage. The previous owner(?) had gummed up the power window and door lock with a generous coating of lithium grease. Rather than have the interior smell like solvent or remove the door interior mechanicals, I used a quick fix because I couldn't get bogged down with non details when I need to yank the engine. As follows:

The door handle yoke catches the cable stop and provides positive movement of the rod. Probably not recommended for the passenger side unless you want the inexperienced or ham fisted breaking the handle.
.45 cents plus applicable local tax

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Big Pics a commin'

Thanks for the reply and kind welcome. You may learn not to encourage me as I tend to be a bit long winded. I'll post some pics after I get the garage cleaned out and stop obsessing about getting a clear title; the excitement of finding any Alfa in my price range left me a bit short handed in the documentation department. Even though I know that fixing a common Alfa is just as expensive as fixing an uncommon one, I do tend to lean towards the sedans. After all, you're not a real Alfa Owner until you have a sedan. (no offence to those who like those flashy spyders)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts