Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my '74 GTV race car. I have raced it with aROSC since 1989, and won 2 time trial season championships, and 12 race wins. I have also raced it in Mexico where we won the La Bufadora Hillclimb in 1992, and then won the La Carrera Classic in 1994. It has raced with the Porsche Owners Club and with VARA as well. It was 6th overall in the 1995 Porsche Alfa Challenge. It was also a class winner in the Silverstate Challenge in '87. It still holds AROSC track records at Phoenix International Raceway and Laguna Seca. It's best lap time at Willow was a 1.39. I hope to have it ready for Buttonwillow and the Enduro this year!

Brad

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Nice GTV!

Thing has some history!

What exactly is the Enduro? Where does it take place?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Enduro

The Enduro will be (probably) a 2 hour race w/ driver changes and manditory pit stops, held on Saturday afternoon at our Buttonwillow event. Greg Nelson is leading the effort of putting it together.

I hope to co-drive with Milt Minter, who raced for Alfa in a Can Am car in 1973. He is a friend of mine, and was one of my heros when I was a kid. That is if Joel doen't give me the nod....can't turn down the Ferrari, now could I?

Check out this link for milt's career http://www.autosportsltd.com/milt.html

Brad

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
That GTV looks AWESOME!!!

Is that a side exhaust on the bottom? The little white reflection??

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Brad,

I've attened a few Alfa events and some Intro group classes. I've never seen youre race car. Why don't you race it anymore?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Enduro

Anthony,
Yeah, I think you can do the Enduro alone. It would be hard, though. I did an Alfa Cup race last year in Uwe's car, and right after the race jumped into Alan Lambert's GTV6 for the regular race. In all, it was about 45 minutes of striaght racing, and I was wiped out. Greg Nelson is working on the rules. Nothing is finalized yet.

Sniady, my race car just got a nose job. I have it back together now, and it will be at the track this year.

It's kind of an ongoing joke, but I have mastered the art of borrowing other peoples race cars. In the past year, I have raced Uve Backer's 71 GTV, Alan Lambert's GTV6, Dirk Stoehr's Guilia Super, Bruce Colby's 65 Sprint, Jerry Vivit's 72 GTV, Randy Harris' 68 Duetto, Gary Stern's Toyota Supra, and a Porsche 930 Turbo (for a 5 hour night enduro) for races, and for time trials, I have borrowed Phillip Schindler's 240Z, Steve Luftman's MR2, Daryl Dearmands MR2, David Krueger's BMW 323, and Uwe's GTV.
They have all been fun, and didn't even spin one of them! Much cheaper than bringing my own car : )

Alas, all good things must come to an end, and I am anxios to get my own car back out there.

Brad

·
Premium Member
6,681 Posts
enduro

brad,
i am used to doing 2 hour NIGHT endruo's alone and i did the scca 6 hour a few years ago. I have no problem being strapped in the car for 2-3 hours straight. i am gonna do it in the spider now that it is fixed.
anthony

1 - 10 of 10 Posts