Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hi Kelly,
That certainly is a great looking Spider. You are rightfully proud.
The 1973 model retained the Pinninfarina concept in my opinion.
The color is outstanding perfect for a "I own it to have fun" car.
MrC

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the compliments!

Just wanted to say thanks for the compliments.

Panasports are 15 X 7 and I'm not sure about the spoiler. It was not on the car and I had to have it painted but boy did it give it some class when I put it on. Something else I kinda like are the shaved side markers.

I will be getting more pics to show the engine and new top. Interior needs a little work but all in all the cars in very nice shape. I get quite a few looks when driving it around. Everyone wants to know what it is cause the only place it says Afla is on the front grill.

Have a great day!! :D

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Great looking Spider Kelly! The shaved side markers add a nice touch! And that bright yellow paint! Oh man, where are my sunglasses? :)

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hey, Kelly-
Two questions...
1) Have you registered that car for the Concorso Italiano at the waterfront next month? She would be a standout! we need more good examples of cherry Spiders.
2) Are you in the Alfa club? I know I would have remembered that car at our functions/track events/meetings. The club's a GREAT source for info, parts, techniques, and just to be around other Alfisti who appreciate the work you've done to the car. I tell you, you would stop the meeting if you drove up in that car! They're held the 2nd Tuesday evening of every month. Consider yourself invited!
Really an eye-catching car! There's a thread on here that has pics of a Yellow GTV...I think it's a great color for the Italian Marque.
Ciao for Now, Pat Hood

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Pat.

Unfortunately due to me driving like a madman in my old supercoupe I cant find anyone to insure me for this car (yet). I think I have about 3 more months and things will start dropping off so I can get it insured. For now the car goes around the block and thats about it. Dont want to go through Allstate because it is counted as a sports car and will cost a furtunate. And insuring as a classic I've found out you have to have a pretty good driving record.

So I'm pretty stuck for now but not forever. For now I'm learning the valuable lesson that i should keep my lead foot off the pedal.

Right now i'm getting ready to take the back wheels off to paint the calipers and dust shield yellow. Just got the front done and put on some brembo rotors. Turned out nice.

I do plan on joining the Northwest club though so please dont count me out. A guy that lives right around the corner ask me to go to one of the meetings too. I live by the Meadowdale playfields. Cant remember his name though but him and his friend saw my car in the garage one day so I invited them in to take a look.

Anyway I will talk to ya later,

1 - 20 of 42 Posts