Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
WOW

ortak said:
I'm currently building a web page about the restoration. You can view the work in progress here www.knology.net/~ortak
Ortak -
How did you do that? :eek:
Did you do most of the work yourself (that's what it looks like to me)?

Your spider WAS the worst condition Alfa I have ever seen, and you restore it to one of the most beautiful I have seen. ;)

How many hours do you think you have spent on the spider?

And it even has AC on it!!!

·
Premium Member
1,456 Posts
Lots of spiders out there and you got the worst one!!! I would've just kept looking for another one (i'm lazy).

Very good job on the restoration.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: WOW

alfa_chan said:
Ortak -
How did you do that? :eek:
Did you do most of the work yourself (that's what it looks like to me)?

Your spider WAS the worst condition Alfa I have ever seen, and you restore it to one of the most beautiful I have seen. ;)

How many hours do you think you have spent on the spider?

And it even has AC on it!!!
I did all the work myself except for the final paint job. Check my web page out for more pics. All my work was accomplished in 3 to 4 months.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Re: Re: WOW

ortak said:
I did all the work myself except for the final paint job. Check my web page out for more pics. All my work was accomplished in 3 to 4 months.
THREE to FOUR months!! WOW!!!
:eek:

·
Admin
4,862 Posts
Yahhhhh 3 to 4 months WOW! That is a very fast rebuild and I must say that the results are very nice!

It makes me feel kind of lazy because the only thing I have done to my car in the last few months has been an oil change. You have now inspired me!

Someone give me a wrench and a torch I'm going to the garage!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks for all the great comments. A lot of you have been visiting my home page and leaving even more comments. The reason I got it done in less than 4 months is because I'm a workaholic. When I get out of work-it's out into the garage to stay for the whole night. Believe me, it's caused problems at times with the better half. My wife has put up with me for about 30 years so far and during this time I can't even remember how many vehicles I've restored.

Thank you all
John

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Most Impressive!

ortak said:
Believe me, it's caused problems at times with the better half. My wife has put up with me for about 30 years so far and during this time I can't even remember how many vehicles I've restored.

Thank you all
John
Holy crap! That's one helluva fast restoration with awesome results!

Can you have your wife call mine and try to explain this obsession to her? She just doesn't understand.

I can remember how many vehicles I've destroyed.

·
Registered
203 Posts
that restoration is absolutely amazing. I checked out your site and it blew me away!

·
Registered
751 Posts
*We're not worthy-We're not worthy*
WOW- You don't fear anything, do you? I look at the piddling amount of work I've accomplished on my cars while you were COMPLETELY restoring yours, and I'm embarrased. How about a picture of the master beside his finished product, Ortak?
Excellent work- VERY impressive!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wish I were from Greece so that I would be able to get Alfa's and parts anytime I wanted. I'm originally from NH but have lived in Alabama since 1987.

John

·
Registered
325 Posts
WOW. Fantastic job. Thanks for restoring a car that would have probably otherwise gone to the scrap heap.

So how did you tie the AC into the rest of the system? Alfa AC had separate vents in the older models...did you use those or just use the two ducts that you had?

·
Registered
989 Posts
Great job, on a very reasoanble budget.
Your web site is fantastic, the only
problem I see with it is that you are
making us all look like a bunch of slackers!!:D

·
Registered
377 Posts
Wow is right Ortak, that is one of the most amazing all around jobs I have seen, and with great results.. I have noticed the Alfa's do become all consuming.. they sure are fun to drive though.

·
Registered
203 Posts
And check out his work shop on his site guys! That too will make you jealous! It's a restorers dream!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts