Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
JKHolmgren,
I'm sorry to hear about your stolen Duetto...seems like the Bay Area is going down hill :(. Posting here on the AlfaBB is a good idea but I would also post on the local Craigslist and contact Larry Dickman at Alfa Parts Exchange to keep an eye out for your car as he deals with parting Alfa cars. Hope you can recover your car soon.

·
Administrator
'66 Sprint GT, '67 Duetto, '70 BMW 2800CS
13,071 Posts
The Duetto my dad gave me 40 years ago was stolen the other night. VIN AR662432. I'm in SF Bay Area. Let me know if it comes up on your radar! Thanks!
You haven't given us much to work with. Where was it stolen (just the city, not the address)? Was it running? E.g., was it driven away or towed away, or? What color is it? Condition?

People I know who have had newer cars stolen in the City and who reported the thefts to the police, got no follow up. Even though the cars were taken by joy riders, left parked in the City, and accumulated many tickets, the police never notified the owner. So if that may be where it is, hunting for it may be worthwhile.

Reactions: Tom45

·
Registered
695 Posts
A friend of a friend had his Austin-Healey stolen a few months ago on the SF peninsula. He engaged with Mark Hinch to help recover the car. IIRC The car was found abandoned by a school in SJ.

Here is his contact info: Contact — STOLEN 911

·
Registered
963 Posts
More info would help, description, a photo etc

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
You haven't given us much to work with. Where was it stolen (just the city, not the address)? Was it running? E.g., was it driven away or towed away, or? What color is it? Condition?

People I know who have had newer cars stolen in the City and who reported the thefts to the police, got no follow up. Even though the cars were taken by joy riders, left parked in the City, and accumulated many tickets, the police never notified the owner. So if that may be where it is, hunting for it may be worthwhile.
My brother had his Austin Mini stolen more than once; one time he heard nothing for 6 weeks. Until a resident in a suburb across the city called his local police to report a car that had been outside his house, not moving, for…..6 weeks.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Just confirms my efforts to put a battery disconnect device in my Duetto as I bring her back to life... We just cannot have nice things in public anymore...

Reactions: 1978alfa
1 - 13 of 13 Posts