Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd show off my spider, even though not complete and honestly not running as I'd like. I suppose it's a mild "restomod". Running original 1750 engine via SPICA, but a few admittedly eccentric add-ons.
1. Original hardtop painted to match car and converted to a target. Lexan glass to keep light weight
2. Electric ez powersteering integrated into Burman box
3. Transmission with lightened gears and no synchro issues
4. Heated seats
5. Speakers in headrests
6. Radio with Bluetooth
7. Back seat cushion with cup holder
8. LED lights other than headlights ( that's next)
9. Upgraded alternator
10. Alfaholics fast steering arms and stage 2 spring set up front, stage 1 in back
11. Shankle airboxes ( for sound)
12. Shankle front air dam ( for looks)
13 soft top with zipper back window and quarter windows ( No b-pillar blind spot)
14 electronic ignition with 123tune distributor
15. Performance cams and head from Wes ingram
16 smaller momo steering wheel

Car is still a work in progress. Roof gaskets not yet in. Runs horribly from 2500-3000 rpm...at this point think it's related to injection pump, but not sure. Any ways living having to for the weekend!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Looks like your work is not done yet but WOW what you have done so far ….. Job Well Done! More pictures we love seeing the details.

Ken

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I have a spare set of headrests that I hope to do th Speaker thing with. Are your wired, or did you use rechargeable wireless?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice color. Once you get it sorted out, it should be a hoot to drive.
Looks like your work is not done yet but WOW what you have done so far ….. Job Well Done! More pictures we love seeing the details.

Ken

Thank you both! It is already great to drive, just frustrated by this new low rom issue! Keep her over 3000 and she's great.

I have a spare set of headrests that I hope to do th Speaker thing with. Are your wired, or did you use rechargeable wireless?
They are hardwired. Actually headrest speaker from an old miata. They work great.

·
Premium Member
1,005 Posts
That's pretty cool ! Some nice workmanship, resulting in a completely unique vehicle that still respects its origins.

I would be interested in the electric power steering conversion, how big a b*ll ache it was to fit, cost, etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you Garwood1. I really do love this car and think of it exactly as you state. The ez power steering is great. I got it back in about 2010, and at that time it was maybe 1500$. You do need to be willing to cut a perfectly good steering box in half to weld it on. This has to be done at the precise length to fit. Goes under the dash and requires a little wiring. Amazing difference in drivability at parking lot speeds. You can adjust the amount of assist, but at all levels road feel remains excellent. They now have a variable assist version. It is now also directly available from alfaholics. I think they may even do the mods to your steering box, not sure.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Beautiful Alfa, one of my favorite colors of all time!
I would love to hear more details on the addition of the heated seats. How do you like them? Install difficult? Source of the components?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I honestly don't have much to say. Got them put to the original seats by an upholstery shop. They work great. Also my heater works great. Driving open top on a cool mooring with the sun coming up is amazing when you can stay toasty. Really no down sides at all!

·
Premium Member
1,664 Posts
Is there much buffeting when driving with the top section removed?

·
Registered
1968 Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce
22 Posts
Great car. I had one before. I would really like to buy one now but can’t seem to find a decent one for sale! Good luck to you, and enjoy the car!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts