Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres a few photos of a my 1750 im slowly working on, had found it when a customer of mine had it sitting around 30 yrs.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

Hope these photo links are working....

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So as you can see it had the later model bumpers front and rear, some indicators of some other car... and interior was retrimmed some time ago in leather but all perished.

[/URL][/IMG]

also has a 1750 motor but i think out of a later 1750mk2

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

reco booster and brakes done, all frozen stuck...

sitting high on temporary tyres..

door trims i think are retrimmed, or perhaps later model??

second hand interior sourced

old one out ...

original bumpers found and blinkers...

second hand 1750.

looking pretty clean inside...

out with old in with new...

an supprise, cracked upper arm...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohh ok.. had really thought they had been redone, cause the seats were all leather as well as a few other interior bits had been covered in leather like the map pockets...
Ended up selling them off with the old seats...ohh well..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rust wise is mainly in lower fron arches as usual the odd spot on the floor in front
and a bit in the front apron around the join of the radiator support.

More the problem is the repair work someone has don in the front, has had damage and as u see in the photo of the dismantled front suspension the crack around the outside of the spring mount, needs to be pulled .

Re: Valve cover i used various grades of wet and dry and went progessivly finer then i have a drill mounted sisal wheel and a buff wheel and some cutting compound.
Looks shiny but you will get some lines from the casting...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hey thats really nice.....it will look sensational.

Do you know what the colour is?

Cheers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i think its been resprayed, but its originally a light blue metallic as per Alfa Centro historico.

According to our documentation files, the chassis number AR 1451826 originally corresponds to an Alfa Romeo 1750 GT Veloce RHD (105.45), manufactured on the 21st January 1969 and sold to Alec Mildren from Pymble, Australia..

The body colour is metallic light blue, with brown leather interiors.

·
Registered
464 Posts
G'day,

I also have a Series 1 1750 (1451572) which is pretty original except for the wheels and airfilters. Let me know if you need any reference points.

Also in Sydney.

Cheers,
Wazza.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oks so i just finighed installing the new suspension bits and new front springs from Classic Alfa, both passenger side and drivers side have just one spacer installed. But the ride heights are a bit off?

any idea if the front springs are the same or is there a drivers side and passenger side one??

measured heights from the upper sill line - DS- 350 PS- 330??
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
328 Posts
Front springs are the same but you should have a deeper spring pan on the passenger side of the car (gives it slightly less camber (or more negative camber if you like) to stop the car driving into the kerb) so it may sit slightly lower on that side but only a cm or so - when the driver gets in it usually balances up. If the difference is much more than this you can buy spacers to raise it (but remember it's a 2:1 ratio roughly so a 1cm spacer will lift it about 2cm....)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oks, did make sure i diddnt mix up the spring pans, so only did a side at a time. So going by my measurements and giving that the driveway might not be level, all is good then.

I had read that im not supposed to tighten up the bolts until weight is on the floor? Does that mean everything including the spring pan bolts?

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I had read that im not supposed to tighten up the bolts until weight is on the floor? Does that mean everything including the spring pan bolts?
I believe that is just bushings - not spring pan bolts - but get a second opinion.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts