Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my 92 164S at the 2002 Concorso Italiano. She has Koni adjustable shocks, Weitec lowering springs, poly bushings all around, stainless brake lines, Magnacor spark plug wires, K&N air filter, Alfa Heaven Cool control with adjustable temperature fan turn-on, 14" high-flow fan, Stebro stainless exhaust, custom free-flow catalytic converter, shortened shifter kit and Fittipaldi 17" Avus II wheels with 215/45/17 Sumitomo tires.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Chip. I'm working on some problems with the rear suspension right now. The trailing arm bushings are trashed and I'm getting a loud clunk over bumps.

What do you drive now that the 164 is gone? do I remember you hae a Milano?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Rich,
Have you looked into the powerflex (or is it superpro...) trailing arm bushings? I installed them on my girlfriend's 164L and they did a nice job tightening up the rear suspension.

I still have my Milano, but it's a dedicated race car now... stripped down to the bare essentials, and not very street legal any more (the side exit catless exhaust would get me into some trouble I think). I put up some pictures of my Milano here in the Photo Gallery. For my daily driver I have a mildly modified 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX... here's a picture (I hope I don't get shot for posting this on an Alfa forum!:eek: )

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Can't knock you for a WRX, its a great car. If you did'nt know they have a cool site for wrx's i-club.com. you should check it out.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Yeah, Thats what it orginally was, but they made it short for i-club.com, great site! Thats where part of the alfabb.com came from. I use to be more then a regular and I dont even own a WRX (wish i did) I tried to buy one, but a 19 year old gets shot with high insurance rates (bummer). So i never bought one and still drool when i see one!:eek:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Chip,

How hard were the bushings to pu tin the rear trailing arms? I ask becuase the last few bushing replacements I did- A-arms and dogbone mounts- Were a nightmare, both to remove and replace.

The WRX is very cool. I love the thought of an affordable car that can hang with the best of them. I'm a big rally fan, and have followed the Subarus. I saw a Japan-market WRX STi abuddy of mine has in Tokyo. I'm curious to try one when they get here next year.

·
Registered
667 Posts
I had to burn out the old rubber bushings, and then the poly ones fit easily into the arm. The bushings I had (from AlfaBill) actually fit inside the outer shell of the stock bushing (still pressed into the arm) so there was no cutting or pressing involved. I did the control arm bushings on Shannon's car recently too and they weren't that bad... but I had access to a shop press :D

I really like the WRX... it's one of the few Japanese cars I've driven that actually has character. Not nearly as much character as a car like the Milano, but it's there. It's great having a car with such a huge aftermarket too... it is such a pain trying to get peformance parts for the Alfas some times, but for the WRX there is anything you could ever possibly want. The STi is very cool, and I can't wait until they show up on US shores... although we will probably be getting a watered down version (just like the EVO VIII will be :( ) I'm a big WRC fan too, and I'm really glad to see cars like the STi and EVO coming to the US finally!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts