Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I would share with the other 24V Q fans on the BB. Here is my Rosso/Tan 1994 Q. 1/35 imported in 1994. She is a very rare beautiful and very fast bella. Interior is just as she left the factory. Car is the most perfect Q I have seen. I have done slight upgrades, including 156 GTA intake cams, full Stebro exhaust, Eibach springs, balanced and flow benched stock injectors, new shiny intake, euro Q wheel, euro lights, new factory radiator, heater core, new belts, hoses, brakes and many other things to make her as perfect and as new as possible. I estimate about 250-260 hp. I drove this car up to Montery from LA and arrived in 4 hours flat! The drive up in this car was incredible and really impressed me more then I thought. I have a new respect for this car and what it's capabilities are. I turned away some nice offerrs in Montery to continue enjoying her. I just love this car. It was Alfa's last real car to come out of the factory as a "true Alfa Romeo". I just returned from Arese at the Alfa mueseum and archives. They have 1 almost brand new Q4 there, which was neat to see. Alfa is doing a 164 Q4/ 159 Q4 marketing campaign to show the cars pedigree. They asked me if I would be interested in having this car participate (even though it is not a Q4). They actully do not have a perfect Quadrifolio and are looking for one to add to the completeness of the mueseum from what was related to me. Not sure I can part with her though:)

Magnificanto!

Attachments

·
Registered
596 Posts
okay, I'm coming over for dinner on you engine. that is CLEAN, really really nice looking car (my girlfriend just said, "Oooo! how much is that one!?")

·
Premium Member
403 Posts
Nice :cool:. Very Nice! ;)

·
Registered
320 Posts
Terrific. Thanks for the pictures.

·
Registered
5,890 Posts
Beauty!

Awesome looking car! But does your LCD work:)

drive 'er safe

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
A few weeks ago I went to a Conncours and purposely entered my 164 Q as a "do not judge" entry, since I would be judging. My engine bay was cleaner than any of the 164s competing, but it is not perfect... Yours is! Congratulations! It's a real pleasure to see a Q in such beautiful condition. Sounds like you got some great upgrades as well.

Best regards,

·
Registered
42 Posts
Beautiful!

A beautiful and awesome car in every way!
Those are not the original floormats, right? The original ones would have been black? Where did you get those?
I have a 164S with tan interior and floor mats like those might match perfectly...
Thanks,
Chris

1991 164 S
2002 VW Eurovan (daily driver)

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
The engine bay really was the coolest part for me. The bay looked like the engine was just dropped in there. The only thing I could tell that was different was the valve covers had light, light, marks from the abbrasive cleaning, but there would be no other way to clean them to the degree he did!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Perfectly:) In fact all electronics in the car work like new even the sunroof.
I will take a closeup for you.

Awesome looking car! But does your LCD work:)

drive 'er safe

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Here is the 20 Yrs. of evolution campaign the Quadrifoglio may be in. She would be in good company.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Dam that is a nice car! I am kinda jealous. I want a copy of that brochure where did you get it from?

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
Personally, I think the 164 wins this competition!

Comparing the styling of the 164 and 159 in the photo, I would go for th 164 anytime. I has that timeless styling that is so hard to acheive. Except for the Alfa grill, the 159 could be one of many current cars.

Your's is a particularly clean example. Hopefully, someday, my nero/tan one will be half as good as yours!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Peglegtom,

I agree with you. A rare Pinafrina desiged sport saloon and Alfa's last official car that was "completely" top to bottom made by Alfa Romeo factory is a nice treasure. The new 159 is nice but does not have the soul or the responsiveness or handeling of the Q at all. I drove one while in Italy. It is very modern and bland.

I have a GTV as well, and it is amazing that driving the Q you know it is a Alfa from day one. It handles increadibly. With the full Stebro exhaust it has a engine note a la a Ferrari.

The 24v car is a very different animal from the previous S, in fact after driving both the only thing that is remotely similar is the styling. They handle, drive and sound like night and day. Mechanicals and interior are completly differen't as well.

Your car sounds nice, I am sure it will be at a place where you want it very soon. Treasure it!

Comparing the styling of the 164 and 159 in the photo, I would go for th 164 anytime. I has that timeless styling that is so hard to acheive. Except for the Alfa grill, the 159 could be one of many current cars.

Your's is a particularly clean example. Hopefully, someday, my nero/tan one will be half as good as yours!

·
Premium Member
9,812 Posts
Peglegtom,

I agree with you. A rare Pinafrina desiged sport saloon and Alfa's last official car that was "completely" top to bottom made by Alfa Romeo factory is a nice treasure. The new 159 is nice but does not have the soul or the responsiveness or handeling of the Q at all. I drove one while in Italy. It is very modern and bland.

I have a GTV as well, and it is amazing that driving the Q you know it is a Alfa from day one. It handles increadibly. With the full Stebro exhaust it has a engine note a la a Ferrari.

The 24v car is a very different animal from the previous S, in fact after driving both the only thing that is similar is the styling. They handle, drive and sound like night and day. Mechanicals and interior are completly differen't as well.

Your car sounds nice, I am sure it will be at a place where you want it very soon. Treasure it!
Yup, I think the 164 is a much better car design wise, I agree with all the comments.
The 159 is bland and boring as most cars are these days, probably feels like driving an Audi A4, Passat V6, or any other medium side sedan out there. The only thing IMO that is different about the car is the front end, the rest could be anything out there.
I have a feeling that cars will not be much fun anymore. Maybe when alfa starts building engines again in Italy around the end of the decade we might see some fun alfa's sold in the USA and worldwide again. Although the 164 gets a bad rap, I think most owners beg to differ. Nice looking car B. Might want to keep the driving to a minimum in LA...LOL
Anyways thanks for sharing.

Jason

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
So, AR Storico Mueseo has made me a tenitive offer for the car. They would like it for their museum. It would presumably will go next to the Q4 there. If I sell it I would rather sell the car to a collector and Alfa enthusiast that will enjoy the car rather then it sit in the museum. So if someone makes me a better offer then AR did or a price I am ok with I would entertain the sell rather then have the car sit in the museum for the rest of it's life and deal with the shipping and headache of getting it there. We will see, I love this car and am kind of torn to let it go. I am not 100% sure I even will at the end of the day.

·
Registered
6,087 Posts
So, AR Storico Mueseo has made me a offer for the car. They want it for their mueseum. It will go next to the Q4 there. I rather sell the car to a collector and Alfa enthusiast that wil enjoy the car. rather then it sit in the mueseum. So if someone makes me a better offer then AR did or a price I am ok with I would entertain the sell rather then have the car sit in the mueseum for the rest of it's life.

1994 Alfa Romeo 164 Quadrifoglio for sale: Anamera
Well, I'm don't know how much you have invested in the car, but it sure is good to hear that Museo Storico Alfa Romeo is willing to pay a good amount for this great car. Congrats!

Best regards,

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
So, AR Storico Mueseo has made me a tenitive offer for the car. They would like it for their museum. It would presumably will go next to the Q4 there. If I sell it I would rather sell the car to a collector and Alfa enthusiast that will enjoy the car rather then it sit in the museum.
Ummmm... I dunno, if I was in your position I think I'd rather have it go to a museum, as that is an excellent comment on your ability to keep the car in pristine original condition. I would always be fearful that otherwise the brilliant condition will be compromised in some way, even if only by having miles put on the clock. I think you should go with that offer from Arese.

I wonder if that would leave you enough money to import an even more-rare Q4 from Europe...? Obviously not as pristine as your Q (can't imagine any car that would be), but at least something that you can drive (I don't think I'd want to drive anywhere in something that was so clean, it must take hours doing the post-drive cleaning).

Cheers,
-Alex

·
Registered
105 Posts
I agree sell it to the museum. Its an honour that very few us will get. Maybe some day you go there with your grand children and you can tell them grandpa used to own that car. If Alfa came to me and wanted to put my Q4 on display in their museum i would probably give it away to them. If you still want a QV you can get one here in europe for almost no money at all, 6k and you get a car in god running condition.

If i just want a 164 in running condition but minor problems i just have to pay 1k. I live in Volvo Saab country. If i want one of those in same conditione i have to pay 4k.

JK
1995 164 Q4

1 - 20 of 56 Posts