Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got the MI16 that Lenard had, and man is it sweet! Not as fast as the 164 but way more responsive and better handling. Both cars are comfortable for long hauls and are nice and quiet. If the Pug had the power of the 164 it would be top dog in my stable. My dad and I did the Maguires clay bar treatment on the Pug and it really got a lot of the contamination (ie little black specles) out of it. After the clay bar I used there cleaner/carnuba wax which gave it a really nice shine. So far the only things I have found wrong with the Pug is a slight coolant leak when cold coming from the lower radiator hose, and speaking of that hose, it is worn through a good part of the way because the old tires would rub on it on full left lock. Getting a new hose tomorrow and putting a thing metal sleeve over it incase it rubs again. Tires are 16" Borbet with fresh 205/50 Goodyear eagles, since going with the lower profile the rubbing issues have been fixed. Great cars, both of them, I have trouble deciding which one I want to drive to work in the morning, great dilemma to have.

Attachments

· Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tips, I have already dealt with Western Hemispheres, they are good people! A bit more work and I will feel confident to take it anywhere, just got back from the grocery store, the little pug got the nod for this trip, I am just lucky to own the thing!

· Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That color is maroon, very similar to the color alfa used in the 94-95 164 cars. Its a wonderful car, I am in love again, not that the 164 is all that bad either. But the 164 does need a nice tan interior, the one it has now is not the best. Know anyone with a good saddle interior for sale?

· Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would say the 16V cars must be more refined. My motor is pretty smooth and is not too noisy, its not 164 quiet but not say VW rabbit loud either. I long for a little more power as the chasis is crying out for it, but overall its a great ride and I am sure any alfa enthusiast would like to have one.

· Registered
2,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
May I add that the little Peugeot is making a bid to steal my heart away from my 164? Help me guys be for I fall too deep!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.