4K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  nizam 
#1 ·
Here is my car ;)

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
You can almost buy an Alfa in the USA. Look at this :

www.autodeltausa.com

You can have the Spider, the GTS and the LS, equivalent of the Spider, GTV and 166 ;)

But Alfa Romeo (of the Fiat Spa Group) os going to come back (as Peugeot) in the USA in 2007. You won't see the 156 which will be replaced at this time. :(
The new one will keep the hidden rear door handles and will have a design not very different ;)

#4 ·
That is a beautiful car. Congrats on your great purchase!

You are right on about AutodeltaUSA. You can get you a new Alfa, just rebadged with "Autodelta". I think you can get any Alfa you want from them, but be expected to pay a very high premium. I believe the Spider costs over $50,000 to put it into perspective.

Best Regards,
John M

#5 ·
Thank you ;)

Indeed, Autodeltas are expensive. But I'm not sure if you can get another car than the 166, Spider or GTV because the other Alfa models (maybe) don't respect the American standards (crach test, etc.).
I'm maybe wrong !

#8 ·
Dear Stefanel, you're correct. Autodelta can import the three models you've outlined, spider, GTV, and 166. They do tack on a premium and add some aftermarket features, ground effects, aftermarket rims, and exhaust. My greatest concern would be paying such a premium for a car with no established service network. I mean, I love Alfas but that just doesn't make sense.

#10 ·
Thanks 67GTV ;)

>Generaljimt : I understand your point of view. People who will buy an Autodelta in the USA have to own at least an other car and have a good wallet. The network is missing. But when Alfa will come back, there will be a bigger network (arroud 2008). ;)

#11 ·
Hi Stefanel1,
Your Alfa is beautiful! You are fortunate to have such a wide selection of cool cars.
You must write a critique of the car for us. How does it handle what is comfortable and so on - as in a magazine. We would be in your debt.
Your English is top notch.
MrC

#12 ·
Thanks for the English :D ;)

So, the 156 is a very good car, not because it's mine but because I hesitated between its competitors when I bought it (second hand of November 2000) in April 2003.
I tried :
- Audi A4 1.8 : very slow, good built quality but not very happy inside, bad suspensions (too floopy)
- Peugeot 406 1.8 : excellent handling and excellent comfort, but we see it everywhere : not original any more, design too classic, engine not as cool as in the Alfa.
- BMW 318i E36 : too old design, very serious and old (too much) inside, good handling but when it's not dry, don't go too fast ! Performances ok, not more.
- VW Passat 1.6 : too "dady design" :D suspensions worse than in the Audi ! depressing inside, very good built quality, boring engine.

... then the Alfa was my favorite despite the built quality which is not as good as in the competition but good enough. The space room inside is not enough in the rear of the car. On the front it's ok. The suspentions are a less comfy but enough, you can feel the road. Wood steering wheel : nice but not practical when it's hot ! None rear electric windows (option) !!!!! I even had that on my Lancia Delta of 1995 !
But ! Very good handling even if the suspensions are not enough heavy when I brake. The comfort is far much better than in the 155 (my mother had one), again, the 406 is better, but it's the best in its category. The other cars are a little bit better but with a poor handling. Very noiseless, better than the competitors ! Good point, quite new for an Alfa. Quite well loaded (except the rear electric windows !) : Auto AC, impultion electric front windows, alloy wheels, dual airbags, ABS, EBD, plip, etc.
Exceptionnal design, more sporty than the other cars.
And finally the engine ! "Only" an 1.6 120hp but the most powerfull of the category, nice song, very responding, an Alfa motor !!!

I have almost bought a 166 V6 Turbo 205hp because my sister's husband was sellings its car at a very good price (end of a leasing). And I tried it, awesome V6 and full loaded (GPS, leather, rain detector, etc.), but my insurance didn't want :D Or for a price that I wouldn't say to you !!!
So my 156 had good performances enough and with the V6 I would have maybe lost my driving licence ! Although, I must know someone in the police to cancel my fines :D

So here is my little critic for Mr C ! ;) hope it'll please to you !

Forza Italia :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.