Alfa Romeo Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I´ve been lurking the forums for a long time now and thought I would share some pics of my car, a 1964 Giulia TI. The car was totally resto-modded, finished just this year (in fact I am finishing very small details) mostly because it was hardly broken in!
I had plans to build one of these cars and came upon this one and could not let it pass....it was done by a very reputable builder in my country with LOTS of attention to details!!

I am now dealing with some leaks (mostly oil from the lower sumps) and still need to do a bit more carb tuning....I am also thinking of going for a different rear axle ratio since I feel it is too short, specially with the low profile tires I am running.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi bob, my car has a 1600 engine! I also calculated a 3% loss with my tires (195/55/15), the car is fun but still very hard!! All the suspension components are new so it is a little steering heavy, everything needs to be broken in!

The story with the fuel tank was twofold: Getting rid of the side door and also not having the tank hanging out the back on the underside. So this filler was used (which is a kind of filler usually used in racing cars round here in the 60s.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This looks sooo awesome! I'm impressed how tidy the engine bay is compared to mine, wow! Puzzled about the bonnet prop. Does it have some kinda spring at the top ? Could you post another picture of the full bonnet prop mechanism please ?

Hi Ciprian, it is just a simple gas spring. First one was a little long so the hood edges would rub the inside of the fenders but later changed to one 5 cms shorter and now its all good.
Putting it into place is tricky (the gas springs makes some force) but it can be done with a set of helping hands.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.