Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Saw this posted to the vwvortex forums. Mustang wheels?!?!?!?!? Shame shame.....:confused:

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
:eek: OMG and it's from NY too :(

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Modifications

At least the interior has only had minor modifications.........

Attachments

·
Registered
758 Posts
Saw this posted to the vwvortex forums. Mustang wheels?!?!?!?!? Shame shame.....:confused:[/QUOTE]

WHEN I PURCHASE THIS GTV .. IT HAD MUSTANG / CARPI WHEELS ON IT

Attachments

·
Registered
7,166 Posts
That one has the nice side markers:cool:

·
Registered
7,166 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
seems ok.

there's plenty of Cromodora Daytonas on Bertone GTVs, and, just guessing here, weren't these meant for a PininFarina design?...

on the subject of Mustang wheels on a GTV, i'd be curious to see a set of Halibrand 5-stars on a GTV, too.

-Jason
Not really. 308 GT4s came with Daytonas and that's a Bertone car. Also, Daytonas were decently common on period BMW 2002s and the like, which certianly weren't Pinninfarina.

The wheels have nothing to do with the design house.....although they were made famous later on by all the Ferraris using them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Mustang wheels on a Bertone coupe? Shame shame...

Saw this posted to the vwvortex forums. Mustang wheels?!?!?!?!? Shame shame.....:confused:

WHEN I PURCHASE THIS GTV .. IT HAD MUSTANG / CARPI WHEELS ON IT
Did they require adapters or was the offsets correct?

No I am not putting Mustang wheels on my Spider but I found a set of after market 4x108 wheels on a Mustang that I kinda like.

-Raffi

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
Audi wheels on a GT.

Don't care much for the white, but that's just paint after all..

:rolleyes:
I was under the impression that those Audi wheels wouldn't work due to incorrect offset. I kinda like them (not in white mind you). On the Cromadora Daytonas, anyone have a set they would be willing to part with? I'm looking for the old style, not the new copies.

Will

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
WHEN I PURCHASE THIS GTV .. IT HAD MUSTANG / CARPI WHEELS ON IT[/QUOTE]

Yep, a friend had a Giulia Super with the same wheels and TRX's back in the early 80's. Back in the day, the TRX's were pretty decent, but Michelin never developed them, and then the Phoenix Stahlflex/Semperit HiSpeed came along and cleaned everyone's clock- for a while.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts