Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
This is a replica/new build, not a real GTA, right?
Andrew
Yes, it's a replica. He says that in the video. Specifically it's a 1968 GT Junior with a 2.3 litre 75 Twinspark engine running at 240 bhp so it makes 290bhp/ton.

I see that there are a couple of threads running on this now, I don't think this one should be here because the car's not a GTA so maybe a Mod could merge them all into the videos thread.

By the way, overall, the reaction has been great to this, my mailbox was full of "how do I get my hands on one of these?" Emails yesterday...

·
Registered
83 Posts
We should not talk about this "not valids", put the complete story in the right "GT" forum, we should not stress out about Grepi or Alfaholics replica or fakes.
take care

·
Premium Member
21,129 Posts
The mods were asked some time ago to keep only authentic GTA stuff in the GTA forum; that's why I ask. So I'll move it to the GT forum, where replicas, tributes, etc. are.
Andrew, moderator

·
Registered
138 Posts
Nice video, and a nice interpretation of the original GTA. Great fun if you have the money........ Mind you, maybe not that much cheaper than a real GTA!

Great video! How I wish Alfaholics was local to me.
They are reasonably local to me and have worked absolute wonders on my car. Well worth the nearly two hour drive to get to them.

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
What a beatuiful car! What a sound! I would love to have one; even for a day!

I wonder what it would cost to commission one?

Ray

·
Registered
4,136 Posts
These cars are best thought of as being "in the style of" GTA's. Alfaholics makes absolutely no claims for their being GTA's or even replica GTA's because, quite obviously, they aren't. What they do, however, is capture the "factory hot-rod" spirit that surrounds the GTA mystique that characterized Alfa in its post-war "golden era" (actually you could say Alfa had several "golden eras" in addition to this one).

One of the more interesting characteristics of the 105 series cars was how easily parts from one model could be exchanged with parts from another. Here in the States, for instance, the AUSCA race team in the late 60's built a serious of Duettos which were fitted with full GTA running gear (I was stunned to one day find one parked along a side street near the school I was attending).

This was possible because all (or most of anyway) of the critical GTA (and even TI Super) parts were listed in the GTV parts manual (105.32/105.16 part numbers mostly) and could be ordered over the counter. It was not at all uncommon in period to find regular production, road-going Alfas fitted with GTA origin performance parts. It is this spirit, in my humble opinion, that Alfaholics seeks to capture with their GTAr cars. And, when you realize the level of work that goes into building them, they ain't cheap but they're worth every penny they cost.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Wonderful video and fantastic car. Glorious noise. I could almost smell the car. But why all the concern about authenticity? No one was representing it as such. Keep up the great work Alfaholics!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Made me laugh, seeing all the snobbish comments about it not being a real GTA and it shouldn't be in the GTA part of the forum.

People are the same everywhere, it reminded me of the modern GTA section on alfaowner which had the exact same elitist attitude.

Woe betide anyone with a V6 GT post about it in the GTA technical lounge.

We all love Alfa at the end of the day.

:)

·
Registered
761 Posts
We all love Alfa at the end of the day.

:)
Hi GhostyDog

Absolutely agree; however, your comments on `elitist` and `snobbish` are simply inaccurate.

Alfaholics have produced an absolutely spectacular desirable vehicle, and as the ad says it perhaps reflects how the GTA could have developed.

It`s naming is both deliberate - brilliant marketing - and unfortunate -evoking one of the greatest cars in Alfas history. But, it ain`t a `GTA` and therefore has no place within the GTA threads.

It is certainly more than modded Sprint so perhaps we need a new thread to reflect this Alfa but I doubt it would generate the interest that using one of the most evocative of Alfa names does.

Richard

1 - 20 of 38 Posts