Alfa Romeo Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If finances were not an issue (and COVID-19 wasn't trying to kill us all), imagine gathering a team of videographers and of BB gurus who would take a thoroughly-prepared Giulia Spider body (just happens to be the Alfa I have) and show the assembling of the Spider, all the way to completion. Of course, all the individual systems would have to be attended to before hand, which would make for riveting viewing, as well!

Just imagine for a moment, an international team of Alfisti, coming together as an homage to Alfa Romeo, Pinin Farina (and Max Hoffman).

I know working on Alfas only enables you to project an ETA, but if ALL the tools and parts were gathered beforehand, and a suitable workspace provided, (including time for the occasional "engineering discussion") just how long would it take a crew of experienced Alfisti to pull this off?

I wonder if Ken Burns is available?

Ray

Reactions: horsewidower

·
Registered
784 Posts
If finances were not an issue (and COVID-19 wasn't trying to kill us all), imagine gathering a team of videographers and of BB gurus who would take a thoroughly-prepared Giulia Spider body (just happens to be the Alfa I have) and show the assembling of the Spider, all the way to completion. Of course, all the individual systems would have to be attended to before hand, which would make for riveting viewing, as well!

Just imagine for a moment, an international team of Alfisti, coming together as an homage to Alfa Romeo, Pinin Farina (and Max Hoffman).

I know working on Alfas only enables you to project an ETA, but if ALL the tools and parts were gathered beforehand, and a suitable workspace provided, (including time for the occasional "engineering discussion") just how long would it take a crew of experienced Alfisti to pull this off?

I wonder if Ken Burns is available?

Ray
Hmmmm

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave,

I KNEW we were kindred spirits!!!!

Jethro Bronner has 30K subscribers to his YouTube channel and I would recommend his latest video about picking up an abandoned 1972 Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV.

I know some YouTubers have 10,000,000 subscribers; good for them, but those folks wouldn't know an Alfa Romeo from an Alphabet!

JB makes short videos out of his shop in SA and admits he doesn't know everything. He makes mistakes and owns them. Unfortunately, I've never seem him tackle a 750-101 Spider project.

If the pandemic has taught us anything it's anyone with time, knowledge and patience can produce really-good teaching and learning material and post it on the 'net.

I am paid to teach, but my Alfa knowledge is so limited, that it's laughable, but there are some on the BB who hold "Ph.D-level" experience, knowledge and ability to convey it, even in front of a video camera.

You DO NOT need a script. Just outline your points, 2-3 per video and talk to people just like you're in your garage (because you will be) talking to your best friend about something Alfa.

I guarantee two things:1) you will get better doing it and 2) you WILL gather an audience who will make lots of suggestions for MORE videos!

If we want younger owners, this is one way to draw them in and these kids are incredible savvy and can teach us a bunch in a short amount of time.

In fact, I wish someone would produce the much-needed "Follow These Steps to-the-letter When Restoring or Re-Assembling Your 750-101 Spider!" in both video and print formats!

It would be so beneficial to have a 10-15 video introducing newbies, or first-time owners, to their 750-101 Spiders and all the peculiarities of each. I would recommend using a pristine white or Celeste Blue car as details can be seen so much better against these light-colored bodies.

Tell me what you're thinking!

Ray

·
Registered
784 Posts
I was just going to try to tackle my seats...just to have it in English to match up with the one from Elvezio. I have day job doing video and zero time for YouTube. Plus, can you imagine the feedback from a Giulietta first-timer doing a how-to? Maybe a tips video or two after I retire...

·
Premium Member
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dave,

I understand; completely, but considering your skill and equipment PLEASE, do the seats video, if nothing else!

For sure, a well-done 15-minute video (shot in an afternoon or over a 4-5 week span of time, in snippets shot here-and-there), will require more time to edit than to watch. But your seats video could very well inspire others to do the one they've been thinking about.

Just a thought...

Ray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts